- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Jan 27 2012 09:13 PM
- Last Updated: Jan 27 2012 11:47 PM
- File Size: 735K
- Views: 2791
- Downloads: 721
- Author: J.W. McGarvey
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation helps this ministry stay online.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
New: Other Modules By Same Author
- McGarvey, J. W. - Commentary on Acts
- McGarvey, J. W. - Treatise on the Eldership
- McGarvey, J. W. - Jesus and Jonah
- McGarvey, J. W. - Short Essays in Biblical Criticism
- McGarvey, J. W. - A Guide to Bible Study
- McGarvey, J. W. - Baptism
- McGarvey, J. W. - Church Government
- McGarvey, J. W. - Cooperation in Mission Work
- McGarvey, J. W. - The Preacher's Methods
- McGarvey, J. W. - The Fundamental Truths and Essential Doctrines
- McGarvey, J. W. - Chapel Talks
- McGarvey's Notes On Sacred History - Volume One
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
McGarvey, J. W. - Twenty-Four Sermons 1.0
Bibliology (BibleDoctrine) Soteriology (Salvation) Ecclesiology Biblical Studies Bible Characters Expository Topics NT History Christian Living Prayer Context Sermons/Outlines Sermon Helps Acts Church of Christ
9.x - 10.x
J.W. McGarvey was the President of the College of the Bible, as well as being the "Professor of Sacred History." It was said of him by the London Times that he was "probably the ripest Bible scholar" living at that time. He preached with vary sparing notes, and never wrote out his sermons, though he was constantly encouraged to do so. After one of his friends and fellow-preachers had a house-fire--which destroyed his entire library and study notes--McGarvey finally took to heart the importance of having a written record of his sermons. Thus, in the last year of his life, a professional stenographer recorded his sermons, and McGarvey attested to the accuracy of the contents.
The sermon on inspiration is very much worth the reading--regardless of your religious background. He brings out points that are not generally covered in sermons and studies on the topic.
Sermons Delivered in Louisville, Kentucky,
J. W. MCGARVEY
02: Sin and Its Punishment.
03: Sin and Its Punishment: Objections Considered.
04: Redemption in Christ.
05: The Remission of Sins.
06: Conditions of Forgiveness.
10: Cases of Conversion: The Eunuch.
11: Cases of Conversion: Cornelius.
12: Cases of Conversion: Lydia.
13: Cases of Conversion: Paul.
14: Cases of Non-Conversion: Felix.
15: Cases of Non-Conversion: Agrippa.
16: God Is Not Mocked.
17: Divine Providence: Joseph.
18: Divine Providence: Queen Esther.
19: The Jerusalem Church.
20: Church Finances.
21: A Church Inspected.
22: The River Jordan.
23: Prayer: Its Efficacy.
24: Believing a Lie.
Other files you may be interested in ..
- 8,467 Total Files
- 50 Total Categories
- 137 Total Contributors
- 3,374,045 Total Downloads
- Bonar, Andrew - How Faith Receives Christ and Rests on Him Latest File
- billhuff2002 Latest Submitter