- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Jan 03 2012 10:09 PM
- Last Updated: Jan 04 2012 06:39 AM
- File Size: 199K
- Views: 4650
- Downloads: 1,416
- Author: J.W. McGarvey
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- McGarvey, J. W. - Commentary on Acts
- McGarvey, J. W. - Treatise on the Eldership
- McGarvey, J. W. - Twenty-Four Sermons
- McGarvey, J. W. - Short Essays in Biblical Criticism
- McGarvey, J. W. - A Guide to Bible Study
- McGarvey, J. W. - Baptism
- McGarvey, J. W. - Church Government
- McGarvey, J. W. - Cooperation in Mission Work
- McGarvey, J. W. - The Preacher's Methods
- McGarvey, J. W. - The Fundamental Truths and Essential Doctrines
- McGarvey, J. W. - Chapel Talks
- McGarvey's Notes On Sacred History - Volume One
- Zerr Combined Bible Commentary
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
McGarvey, J. W. - Jesus and Jonah 1.0
Christology Church of Christ Bible Backgrounds Bible Characters Expository Topics Jesus Studies Textual Criticism Bible Interpretation Context Exegesis Word Study Jonah
9.x - 10.x
in the late 1800's J. W. McGarvey was called "probably the ripest Bible scholar on earth" by the London Times.
This book by McGarvey deals with the topic of the historical truth of the book of Jonah and how it relates to the truth of Jesus Christ. Some say that the story of Jonah is pure fiction. How does that reflect on Jesus, who used it as a historical reference? Is it possible for a man to survive inside the belly of a "great fish" for three days? What did Jesus mean by "Three days and three nights" when he compared His time in the tomb with Jonah's time in the great fish?
REVIEW OF A SYMPOSIUM ON OUR LORD's REMARKS RESPECTING JONAH.
REVIEW OF PROF. DRIVER ON THE BOOK OF JONAH.
IS THE STORY OF JONAH INCREDIBLE?
THE THREE DAYS AND THE THREE NIGHTS.