- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Jan 02 2012 10:54 PM
- Last Updated: Jan 03 2012 01:15 PM
- File Size: 133K
- Views: 1944
- Downloads: 480
- Author: J.W. McGarvey
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation helps this ministry stay online.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
New: Other Modules By Same Author
- McGarvey, J. W. - Commentary on Acts
- McGarvey, J. W. - Jesus and Jonah
- McGarvey, J. W. - Twenty-Four Sermons
- McGarvey, J. W. - Short Essays in Biblical Criticism
- McGarvey, J. W. - A Guide to Bible Study
- McGarvey, J. W. - Baptism
- McGarvey, J. W. - Church Government
- McGarvey, J. W. - Cooperation in Mission Work
- McGarvey, J. W. - The Preacher's Methods
- McGarvey, J. W. - The Fundamental Truths and Essential Doctrines
- McGarvey, J. W. - Chapel Talks
- McGarvey's Notes On Sacred History - Volume One
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
McGarvey, J. W. - Treatise on the Eldership 2.0
Church of Christ Expository Topics Education Context Pastoral Timothy Titus
9.x - 10.x
In the 1800's, The London Times wrote, "In all probability, John W. McGarvey is the ripest Bible scholar on earth." That is indeed high praise, and warranted as well. McGarvey's original commentary on Acts is often used as the definitive textbook for Acts in many religious colleges across the nation. His commentaries, in their e-Sword format, have continued to be downloaded over and over again at biblesupport.com.
This module contains a series of 16 articles of varying length written by J.W. McGarvey on the subject of elders, in one of which he shows that elders, pastors, bishops, and shepherds are all different names to refer to the same biblical office.
1. There is Such an Office?
2. Titles of the Office
3. The Titles Explained
4. Duties of the Office
5. How To Be Examples
6. How To Be Shepherds
7. How to Be Overseers
8. How to Withdraw the Disorderly
9. How to Be Teachers
10. Primitive Mode of Teaching
11. Qualifications for the Office
12. Intellectual Qualifications
13. Plurality of Elders
14. Selection and Appointment
15. Regular Meetings
16. Want of Time
What's New in Version 2.0 (See full changelog)
- ToolTipped verse references, and corrected the annoying red-highlighted titles.
Other files you may be interested in ..
- 8,316 Total Files
- 50 Total Categories
- 132 Total Contributors
- 3,248,564 Total Downloads
- Комментарий Роджерса - Новый лингвистический и экзегетический ключ к греческому Новому Завету Latest File
- Ihor Shyika Latest Submitter