- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Sep 18 2012 03:54 PM
- Last Updated: Dec 08 2012 11:46 AM
- File Size: 19.24MB
- Views: 10123
- Downloads: 4,608
- Author: James Hastings
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
- Tab Name: Hastings NT
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- Hastings, James - Dictionary of the Apostolic Church (2 vols) (Updated)
- Hastings, James - Dictionary of the Bible (1909)
- Hastings, James - Great Texts of the Bible (20 vols)
- Hastings, James - Dictionary of Christ and the Gospels (2 vols)
- Hastings, James - Children's Great Texts of the Bible (6 vols)
- Hastings, James - Library
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Hastings, James - Hastings Dictionary of the NT (Matthew - Revelation / Christ, Gospels, Apostolic Church - 4 vols)
9.x - 10.x
This module combines the Dictionary of Christ and the Gospels and Dictionary of the Apostolic Church into one, combined Dictionary for easier reference.
- Christ and the Gospels is mostly limited to Matthew - John.
- Apostolic Church is mostly limited to Acts-Revelation.
But, Hastings would have wanted it this way! He said, in the preface to Apostolic Church, "Together [Dictionary of the Apostolic Church] with the Dictionary of Christ and the Gospels, it forms a complete and independent Dictionary of the New Testament."
Hastings did not intend to write the Dictionary of the Apostolic Church when he compiled Dictionary of Christ and the Gospels, but after his publication of Christ and the Gospels, many people asked for the same, in depth scholarship for Acts - Revelation.
The difference between this New Testament "combined" dictionary and Hasting's Dictionary of the (whole) Bible is the depth of scholarship.
Click the links above for more information about either dictionary.
There are some duplicate entries between the dictionaries, yet the articles are different. Thus, duplicate dictionary entries are differentiated with a "(2)".
The text is over 45 megabytes with nearly 3,000 articles.
(And this concludes all the Hastings text I've been given).