- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Aug 04 2012 12:19 PM
- Last Updated: Aug 04 2012 12:19 PM
- File Size: 8.96MB
- Views: 16625
- Downloads: 6,924
- Author: James Hastings
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
- Tab Name: Hastings
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- Hastings, James - Dictionary of the Apostolic Church (2 vols) (Updated)
- Hastings, James - Greater Men and Women of the Bible - 6 Volume Set
- Hastings, James - Great Texts of the Bible (20 vols)
- Hastings, James - Dictionary of Christ and the Gospels (2 vols)
- Hastings, James - Hastings Dictionary of the NT (Matthew - Revelation / Christ, Gospels, Apostolic Church - 4 vols)
- Hastings, James - The Great Christian Doctrines of Prayer, Faith, and Peace (3 vols)
- Hastings, James - Children's Great Texts of the Bible (6 vols)
- Hastings, James - Library
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Hastings, James - Dictionary of the Bible (1909)
9.x - 10.x
Complete and trustworthy, Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible is a thorough reference (6,000 entries) for all readers of the Bible. For nearly a century, lay people and scholars alike have valued the authoritative contents and the convenient format of this one-volume work.
Hastings worked with over 75 authors to produce this dictionary (See Authors of Articles entry).
Dr. Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible has been considered the best single-volume Bible dictionary:
- Over 6,000 important events, biblical doctrines, and theological concepts are treated completely (15 megabytes of text).
- Cross references point the reader easily to related articles.
- Understandable to all, the articles are comprehensive but non-technical.
- Explains all the proper names mentioned in the Old Testament, New Testament, and Apocrypha.
e-Sword 10.1 is required to show images.
e-Sword cannot show duplicate entries—when the user tries to click on a duplicate entry, e-Sword only shows the definition for the first entry. For example, three separate entries exist for "Gad", "Judah", etc. Thus, duplicate entries are combined into one entry heading.
Other files you may be interested in ..
- 8,622 Total Files
- 50 Total Categories
- 214 Total Contributors
- 4,978,759 Total Downloads
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - The Interpreter Morning and Evening Latest File
- djmarko53 Latest Submitter