- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Aug 04 2012 12:19 PM
- Last Updated: Aug 04 2012 12:19 PM
- File Size: 8.96MB
- Views: 16739
- Downloads: 6,946
- Author: James Hastings
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
- Tab Name: Hastings
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- Hastings, James - Dictionary of the Apostolic Church (2 vols) (Updated)
- Hastings, James - Great Texts of the Bible (20 vols)
- Hastings, James - Dictionary of Christ and the Gospels (2 vols)
- Hastings, James - Hastings Dictionary of the NT (Matthew - Revelation / Christ, Gospels, Apostolic Church - 4 vols)
- Hastings, James - Children's Great Texts of the Bible (6 vols)
- Hastings, James - Library
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Hastings, James - Dictionary of the Bible (1909)
9.x - 10.x
Complete and trustworthy, Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible is a thorough reference (6,000 entries) for all readers of the Bible. For nearly a century, lay people and scholars alike have valued the authoritative contents and the convenient format of this one-volume work.
Hastings worked with over 75 authors to produce this dictionary (See Authors of Articles entry).
Dr. Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible has been considered the best single-volume Bible dictionary:
- Over 6,000 important events, biblical doctrines, and theological concepts are treated completely (15 megabytes of text).
- Cross references point the reader easily to related articles.
- Understandable to all, the articles are comprehensive but non-technical.
- Explains all the proper names mentioned in the Old Testament, New Testament, and Apocrypha.
e-Sword 10.1 is required to show images.
e-Sword cannot show duplicate entries—when the user tries to click on a duplicate entry, e-Sword only shows the definition for the first entry. For example, three separate entries exist for "Gad", "Judah", etc. Thus, duplicate entries are combined into one entry heading.