- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Sep 18 2012 02:28 PM
- Last Updated: Sep 18 2012 02:45 PM
- File Size: 8.32MB
- Views: 10644
- Downloads: 5,011
- Author: James Hastings
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
- Tab Name: ApostolicChurch
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- Hastings, James - Greater Men and Women of the Bible - 6 Volume Set
- Hastings, James - Dictionary of the Bible (1909)
- Hastings, James - Great Texts of the Bible (20 vols)
- Hastings, James - Dictionary of Christ and the Gospels (2 vols)
- Hastings, James - Hastings Dictionary of the NT (Matthew - Revelation / Christ, Gospels, Apostolic Church - 4 vols)
- Hastings, James - The Great Christian Doctrines of Prayer, Faith, and Peace (3 vols)
- Hastings, James - Children's Great Texts of the Bible (6 vols)
- Hastings, James - Library
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Hastings, James - Dictionary of the Apostolic Church (2 vols) (Updated)
Acts Pauls Letters NT History
9.x - 10.x
Under the supervision of James Hastings, over 100 authors wrote articles for this dictionary of the New Testament, which generally covers from Acts to Revelation. Like all of Hastings' dictionaries, this resource deals with language, history, criticism, theology, geography, and antiquities.
From the Preface
It has often been said that the Dictionary of Christ and the Gospels is of more practical value than a Dictionary of the Bible.
From all parts of the world has come the request that what that Dictionary has done for the Gospels another should do for the rest of the New Testament. The Dictionary of the Apostolic Church is the answer.
This dictionary carries the history of the Church as far as the end of the first century. Together with the Dictionary of Christ and the Gospels, it forms a complete and independent Dictionary of the New Testament.
e-Sword Version UPDATE
The thousands of implicit verse references are now tooltipped. This version also fixes the Greek/Hebrew problems with the previous version. Many missing topics are now included (which were co-mingled with other topics instead of being stand-alone topics). The module now respects e-Sword's font choice and sizes. Dictionary entries were converted to Word Case (first letter of each word capitalized instead of all capitals). A number of odd capitalization issues were corrected (such as AE being capitalized in every instance, even in lowercase words).
Because the old filename did not match the abbreviation (alphabetically) the module did not sort on the Dictionary tab bar as expected. So, this version includes a new filename and a new abbreviation name.