- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Mar 30 2012 11:31 PM
- Last Updated: Mar 30 2012 11:31 PM
- File Size: 12.29MB
- Views: 1414
- Downloads: 94
- Pocket e-Sword: 3.x
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- No modules found
Pocket e-Sword Module Download:
Dummelow, John R - Commentary on the Holy Bible Pocket E Sword Version
Compiled by 40 Bible Scholars and edited by Dummelow, this commentary has received favorable reviews from Christians of many denominations. At one time, this was one of the most popular commentaries of the 20th century. Although not as conservative as the others, it is still quite helpful with detailed introductions and concise comments. All maps and images from the printed edition are included.
This commentary provides in a single large but convenient book the essential scholarly information on the Bible necessary to every minister and Bible student.
Dummelow's Commentary is distinguished by two remarkable combinations of merits. First, it combines to an extraordinary degree completeness and conciseness. As Bishop Anderson of the Diocese of Chicago has said, it contains "more information attractively presented than can be found in the same amount of space in the whole realm of Bible Literature." Yet it is not too diffuse, nor is the essential information obscured by unnecessary or rambling discourse.
Second, it combines in a remarkable way the highest religious reverence with exact scientific rigor. Preachers and theologians of many denominations and various shades of faith have paid tribute to its "conservative liberalism".
The e-Sword edition includes both the Commentary and the extensive General Articles. The commentary is in the Commentary (CMTX) file and the General Articles (a book itself) in the Reference Library (REFX) file. This is the first commentary for e-Sword to include images! (See Ezekiel 41 for a sample of the images in the commentary). This module requires e-Sword 10.1.
The Commentary itself, running to over a thousand pages, provides critical and explanatory notes on the Scriptures along the following lines:
- Explanation of historical references.
- Quotations of illuminating passages from the Apocrypha or early Christian writings.
- Citation of related pasages in other parts of the Bible.
- Description of an ancient custom or legal practice referred to.
- Explanation of a term or phrase unfamilliar to a modern reader.
- Mention of contrasting interpretations to obscure lines.
- Analysis of a chain of thought as it progresses through a section.
- Clearer renditions of the original text.
- Statement to the effects of certain passages in subsequent history or church ritual.
In addition to the running commentary, there is for each book of the Bible a valuable introduction, the reading of which alone will greatly enhance the student's understanding of each book.
Other files you may be interested in ..
- 8,403 Total Files
- 50 Total Categories
- 218 Total Contributors
- 4,865,580 Total Downloads
- Gospel Advocate New Testament Commentaries (14 Volumes+) Latest File
- djmarko53 Latest Submitter