File Name: Gospel Advocate New Testament Commentaries (14 Volumes)
File Submitter: djmarko53
File Submitted: 19 Mar 2019
File Category: CommentariesAuthor: H. Leo Boles, C.E.W. Dorris, J.W. McGarvey, J.W. Shepherd, David Lipscomb, Robert Milligan, Guy N. Woods, John T. Hinds and others
e-Sword Version: Requires 10.1+
James Volume by Guy N. Woods Completed!
This commentary set is available in Print form across the
Internet. In this e-Sword module the Notes and Commentary
by Lipscomb are to be found in the Chapter Notes and Verse
Notes of the Volumes written by Lipscomb. The same can be
said for the Volumes written by H. Leo Boles, C.E.W. Dorris,
Guy N. Woods, Robert Milligan and John T. Hinds. Also note
that much of Lipscomb's work is due in part to the editorial
work of J.W. Shepherd, who completed some of Lipscomb's
work after Lipscomb died on November 11, 1917. Also to be
included in this work are the commentaries of Matthew, Mark
and Acts as authored by J.W. McGarvey (even though his
works were not originally published by the Gospel Advocate.
They do much to complement the works of the other authors).
PDF Versions of Individual Volumes
Volumes in this set are available from these sites:
Note: The Gospel Advocate Company is a Christian
Publishing Company established in 1855 in Nashville.
Except for the Civil War, they have been in business
continually since 1855. When I attended David Lipscomb
College (University) this was my favorite store to visit.
Update: 4/19/19 8:32a (CST)- James Volume by
Guy N. Woods completed.
Update: 4/16/19 7:42a (CST)-Now adding J.W.
McGarvey's Commentary on Acts. It is located at
the end of the Chapter Notes for Acts. This update
includes McGarvey's Commentary for Acts 1-18.
James Volume by Guy N. Woods is complete
through James 1:27.
Update: 4/13/19 9:12p (CST)-H. Leo Boles Commentary
on Acts has been completed. Boles Commentary on
Acts was originally published by the Gospel Advocate.
It has been added to the end of the chapter notes of David
Lipscomb's Commentary on the Book of Acts. Look for
more Commentary to be added soon...
Update: 4/12/19 8:00a (CST)-Begun adding H. Leo
Boles Commentary on Acts. This update Includes
Acts Chapters 1-2 by Boles.
Update: 4/12/19 4:40a (CST)-The Book of Luke
Volume by H. Leo Boles is now Complete
This update also includes the Book Notes for
he Book of James Volume by Guy N. Woods.
Update: 4/03/19 10:49p (CST)-Added Book Notes
for the Book of Luke Volume by H. Leo Boles
Update: 4/03/19 2:23p (CST)-The Book of Mark
Volume by C.E.W. Dorris is now complete
Update: 3/27/19 6:05a (CST)--The Book of Matthew
Volume by H. Leo Boles is now complete
Update: 3/22/19 9:40p (CST)--The Book of Revelation
Volume by John T. Hinds is now complete.
Important Information About This Module
This module is in .cmti (HD) format and will run on both
the PC and the Mac/iPad. You must have the latest
version of e-Sword to view properly on your PC system.
When complete, this set of Fourteen(14) Volumes will
include the following(see below). Twenty-Six(26) of the
27 New Testament Books are included in the Current
Here is a complete list of these Volumes:
- Matthew -- H. Leo Boles©1952.(completed)
- Mark -- C.E.W. Dorris©1973.(completed)
- Luke--H. Leo Boles©1974.(completed)
- John--David Lipscomb©1971.(completed)
This replaces the volume by Guy N. Woods, which
may be added later to supplement this volume.
- Acts--David Lipscomb©1973.(completed)
Includes The Acts Commentary by H. Leo Boles,
Also includes Commentary on Acts by J.W. McGarvey
- Romans--David Lipscomb ©1943. (completed)
- 1st Corinth--David Lipscomb©1972. (completed)
- 2nd Corinth/Galatians -- David Lipscomb©1976. (completed)
- Ephesians/Philippians/Colossians--David Lipscomb©1974.(completed)
- Thessalonians/Timothy/Titus/Philemon--David Lipscomb©1942.(completed)
- Hebrews--Robert Milligan©1973.(completed)
- James--Guy N. Woods©1987.(completed)
- Peter/John/Jude--Guy N. Woods©1956.(completed)
- Revelation--John T. Hinds©1956. (completed)
work he did on the Lipscomb Commentaries above.
All I did was reformat the text and enlarge the font
size. My thanks to him for making Lipscomb's work
Future Plans and Possible Additions:
Rename to "Enhanced Gospel Advocate Commentaries"
1. Add Commentary on Romans by Foy E. Wallace
2. Add Commentaries on Galatians & Ephesians by
....Foy E. Wallace
3. Add Commentary on Revalation by Foy E. Wallace
4. Add B.W. Johnson's Commentary "Vision of the
....Ages" on Revelation
5. Add other Commentaries by B.W. Johnson, the author
....of the People's New Testament Notes
6. Add Commentary on Revelation by Walter Scott
7. Add Matthew and Mark by J.W. McGarvey
8. Add Romans by Moses Lard
9. Add Various other Commentaries by other Restoration
....Movement Preachers (not published by Gospel Advocate)
10. Add Book of John by Guy N. Woods