Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

?!?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Pops1

Pops1

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:25 PM

I'm not very good at using the E-sword site, I'm too slow of a learner. I just read and study the Bible and some commentaries. I thank you all for the effort you put in here. I don't remember support for the earlier versions. This, I think is version 10.2.1.  I'll probably not even see any replies (if any) to this. And I don't have a question, just a comment. I had a commentary open, Gill, I think, then I went to Acts 15 and the 'chapter' info. and info. was there. The indicator (ex. point?) wasn't on the Gill tab though. So I looked for info. from each of the commentaries I have installed and each has info. on Acts 15 chapter info. but only about 3 have the indicator that they contain info. I have about 8-10. Thanks

#2 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:20 PM

I've been using e-Sword practically since it came out, and I never noticed that a lot of the commentaries don't show they have information in the Chapter information when it is there. I don't use the chapter comments much, but I might just start

I checked the dozen commentaries that I use fairly regularly, and at a quick glance, in the ones that had no marker but did have information the Chapter information shown was pretty much the same as the verse info so you could scroll down and read all of the verse comments.

I suspect that the indicator has to be set by who ever creates the module for it to show that there is Book or Chapter info, But I'm not sure why someone would include Chapter info and not set the marker.  It is always possible that the module maker didn't realize it needed to be set, but several of the ones that had info but no indicator were commercial modules so....

Thanks for bringing this up, maybe one of the module mavins will have a better informed explanation.

Yours In Christ

Tim

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#3 Pops1

Pops1

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:46 PM

Thanks,Tim. Doesn't really matter, just happened to notice. Pops1

#4 dartmaster644

dartmaster644

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:27 PM

Pops1....

You have accurately described your experience with the Gill Commentary.....and Acts 15.....it has no Ch. notes. And as a result shows no "Indicator" symbol for them. However in version 10.2 a new feature was added (and is described on the biblesupport Home Page.

On the Home Page look at the "Center Column".....you'll see the first heading that says...."What others are Downloading". Scroll down a bit and you'll see another heading...."Download e-Sword Resources".....scroll a little further you'll see.....Latest News -e-Sword 10.3 released.....scroll down a little further you'll see......e-Sword 10.2 Sneak Peek. Under that heading read the 3rd paragraph. This is what it says: Most Commentaries do not contain specific Ch.Notes. For those Chapters that do not, the Chapter Notes mode will display ALL of the "Verse" notes for that Chapter. This is very convenient for viewing those Commentaries that have scattered notes.

This is a pretty nifty feature.....try it out for yourself.....it will show notes for V's 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17. It's hard to know about each and every feature e-Sword has in it.....but there it was....right on the Home Page. Thanks for inquiring bout it... you've learned something new.....and I'll just bet some other e-Sword User learned it for the 1st time too.....just because you took the time to post your experience. Again.....Thanks Pops1.....and give us some more questions.....soon !!

Dartmaster644

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users