- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Oct 30 2012 12:54 PM
- Last Updated: Oct 30 2012 12:54 PM
- File Size: 275K
- Views: 2484
- Downloads: 970
- Author: J B Jackson
- MySword Version:: 1.X
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- Darby, J.N. - Synopsis of the Bible Droid MySword Version
- Introduction to Biblical Languages Droid MySword Version
- The Pulpit Commentary Droid MySword Version
- Illustrated New Testament Commentary Droid MySword Version
- The Peoples New Testament Commentary Droid MySword Version
- John Brown Commentary Droid MySword Version
- The Gnomon of the New Testament Commentary and Dictionary (5 Vols) Droid MySword Version (Updated)
- Smith, James and Lee, Robert - Handfuls on Purpose (12 volumes) Droid MySword Version
- People's New Testament (MySword Version)
- Johnson, B.W. - Collected Commentaries (MySword Version)
- Dummelow, John R - Commentary on the Holy Bible Droid MySword Version
- van Braght, Thieleman J. - Martyrs Mirror Droid MySword Version
- Nisbet, James - Church Pulpit Commentary (12 vols) - Droid MySword Version
- Finley, B James - Sketches Of Western Methodism Droid MySword Version
- Ancient Hebrew Lexicon of the Bible Droid MySword Version (Updated)
- Blackburn, J S - Studies In Ephesians Droid MySword Version
- Jeff A. Benner - Ancient Hebrew Dictionary Droid MySword Version
- Benson, Joseph - Commentary on the Old and New Testaments (8 vols) Droid MySword Version
- Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown’s Commentary on Whole Bible (Unabridged: 6 vols) Droid MySword Version
- SENT - The Spoken English New Testament (2012)
- La Sankta Biblio 1926
- Smith, Jay - 101 Cleared Up Contradictions in the Bible Droid MySword Version
- Boyce, James P. - A Brief Catechism of Bible Doctrine Droid MySword Version
- Boyce, James P. - Abstract of Systematic Theology Droid MySword Version
- T4T; A Translation for Translators (Wycliffe, 2008-2016)
- T4T 2.0; A Translation for Translators (Wycliffe, 2008-2016)
MySword (Mobile) Module Download:
Jackson, J B - Dictionary of Proper BIBLE Names Droid MySword Version 1.0
How do I view MySword modules?
Note: After you download the file to your PC or your android device, the file must then be moved to the MySword folder on your android device. If downloading directly to your android device, you may need to install a file explorer app to be able to move the file to your MySword folder if your device does not have one already.
J B Jackson
Some years since, the present writer, in pursuing his studies in the Bible, reached a portion which consisted largely of Proper Names, and at once he was confronted with the fact, that a considerable and, to him, important portion of the Bible was untranslated.
Fully persuaded that “whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning,” and that “all Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine” (Rom. 15:4, 2 Tim. 3:16); and hence that there could be no idle word in God’s Book; he set about preparing an accurate, alphabetical list of all the Proper Names of the Old and New Testaments with a view to securing the best possible renderings of the same.
Fortunately, there was ready access to the works of Cruden, Long, Oliver, Young, Wilkinson, Charnock, McClintock & Strong, Smith’s Bible Dictionary, Abbott’s Dictionary, Imperial Bible Dictionary, Encyclopaedia Biblica, and, before the list was complete, Strong’s Concordance, Tregelles, F. W. Grant, and others.
At the end of about three years, the writer had obtained a meaning for nearly every proper name in the Bible, and, on the recommendation of friends, began preparations for publishing the results of his labours for the benefit of others similarly interested.
His plan was to arrange the names alphabetically, as spelled in our common English Bibles, attaching the meanings he had found in the order in which he considered them to have weight, i.e., in the order in which he considered their sources to be authoritative.
Other files you may be interested in ..
- 8,489 Total Files
- 50 Total Categories
- 217 Total Contributors
- 4,896,558 Total Downloads
- Vulgate Latin-English Dictionary And Vulgate New Testament Latin English Dictionary Latest File
- RevSteve Latest Submitter