- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Jun 05 2012 08:25 AM
- Last Updated: Jun 06 2012 02:25 PM
- File Size: 460K
- Views: 6205
- Downloads: 1,605
- Author: F.B. Meyer
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
- Tab Name: Meyer Philippians
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- F.B. Meyer Collection (14 files)
- Meyer, F. B. - Tried By Fire - Expositions of 1Peter
- Meyer, F. B. - The Way Into the Holiest - Expositions of Hebrews
- Meyer, F. B. - Cheer for Lifes Piligrimage
- Meyer, F. B. - Jottings and Hints for Lay Preachers
- Meyer, F. B. - Christ In Isaiah
- Meyer, F. B. - Blessed Are Ye - Talks on the Beatitudes
- Meyer, F. B. - David, Shephard, Psalmist, King
- Meyer, F. B. - Calvary to Pentecost
- Meyer, F. B. - Samuel The Prophet
- Meyer, F. B. - Expository Preaching - Plans and Methods
- Meyer, F.B. - Meyer, FB - Through The Bible Commentary - 7 Volumes
- Meyer, F. B. - Our Daily Homily (5 Volumes - Topic)
- Meyer, FB - Our Daily Homily (5 Volumes - Devotional)
- Meyer, F. B. - Peter: Fisherman, Apostle, Disciple
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Meyer, F.B. - A Devotional Commentary on Philippians
Pauls Letters Christian Living Philippians Devotional
9.x - 10.x
IN this Devotional Commentary on the Epistle to the Philippians, I have not attempted anything of the merely critical or exegetical; but have endeavoured honestly to ascertain the meaning of the Apostle, and to beat out his pure and unalloyed gold.
The most amazing thing which meets one perpetually in the prolonged and deep study of such a treatise as this, is that those early believers should have been able to appreciate and digest such compressed and profound teaching. When we bear in mind all the explanation, expansion, application, and enforcement which these apostolic paragraphs have received in the course of the centuries, and when, after we have done our best, we are still conscious that we have by no means plumbed the depths, or scaled the heights, or explored all the treasures, we are compelled to feel that the Divine Fire is burning here, and to take off the shoes from our feet in acknowledgment that in a pre-eminent manner, God is here. Every blue crevasse, every far horizon, every glimpse into a perfect human love, and every word of God has the same characteristic of Infinity.
To Dr. Moule, the Bishop of Durham, to Dr. Noble of Chicago, and to Dr. Campbell Morgan, for suggestions, which I have wrought into the seventh chapter (Phil. 1:27-30), I desire to express my deep obligations.
It seems to me, if I may be allowed to say so, that this Book, more completely than any single one besides, contains the essence of the messages with which I have been entrusted.
That the Infinite Spirit who inspired may, by manifesting the Truth, unfold the deep things of God to all who peruse these pages is the sincere desire and prayer of the author.
F. B. MEYER.
Other files you may be interested in ..
- 8,403 Total Files
- 50 Total Categories
- 217 Total Contributors
- 4,846,044 Total Downloads
- Gospel Advocate New Testament Commentaries (14 Volumes) Latest File
- djmarko53 Latest Submitter