- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Feb 11 2016 01:12 PM
- Last Updated: Feb 11 2016 01:12 PM
- File Size: 8.34MB
- Views: 4301
- Downloads: 710
- Author: Ellis W. Deibler, Jr.
- Suggest New Tag:: Translation, Figures of Speech, Wycliffe
- MySword Version:: 1.X
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
MySword (Mobile) Module Download:
T4T 2.0; A Translation for Translators (Wycliffe, 2008-2016) 2.0
How do I view MySword modules?
Note: After you download the file to your PC or your android device, the file must then be moved to the MySword folder on your android device. If downloading directly to your android device, you may need to install a file explorer app to be able to move the file to your MySword folder if your device does not have one already.
Ellis W. Deibler, Jr.
Suggest New Tag::
Translation, Figures of Speech, Wycliffe
This is an update of my T4T module at http://www.biblesupp...iffe-2008-2016/
Three major updates done:
1) All additional words are formatted in grey color and italic, so that it is easier to read which are original and which are implied words. (you may see the screenshots here). [Advanced users can change default color easily by modifying verse rule.
2) fixed the missing space between singular "you" and (sg)
3) "abbreviations of figures of speech" added to "about" > "module" information
Source: http://www.ebible.org/t4t/ (updated on 8th Feb 2016)
A Translation for Translators is a special translation of the Bible designed to help translators to know implicit information in the original languages that is often required it translating the Holy Bible to other languages. It presents alternate ways of translating that may be necessary in various languages. It also gives additional insight to people who are just interested in reading and studying the Bible in English. A Translator's Translation is a version of the same text, edited to be more smoothly readable for the latter group. Work is currently in progress on the Old Testament, and will be updated here periodically.
For noncommercial use, the following permission statement grants more freedom:
"... grant anyone nonexclusive permission to publish A Translation for Translators in print and electronic formats under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 license."
I found this module very useful for both personal study and translation. The N.T. is completed, but the sources states that "Note: The Old Testament in this translation is still being worked on, and is in draft form. Updates will be posted at eBible.org/t4t/." At the present moment, all books of O.T. is available, except the book of Haggai.
This module is created for MySword. You can also found this module in crosswire app, but I think I format the text better here. Thank you MySword team for developing such a great bible app. Hope you enjoy. [Advanced users may change default color easily by modifying verse rules.]
For abbreviations of figures of speech:
[APO] = apostrophe
[CHI] = chiasmus
[DOU] = doublet
[EUP] = euphemism
[HEN] = hendiadys
[HYP] = hyperbole
[IDM] = idiom
[IRO] = irony
[LIT] = litotes
[MET] = metaphor
[MTY] = metonymy
[PRS] = personification
[RHQ] = rhetorical question
[SIM] = simile
[SYM] = symbol
[SAR] = sarcasm
[SYN] = synecdoche
[TRI] = triplet
What's New in Version 2.0 (See full changelog)
- Three major updates done:
- 1) All additional words are formatted in grey color and italic, so that it is easier to read which are original and which are implied words. (you may see the screenshots here). [Advanced users can change default color easily by modifying verse rule.
- 2) fixed the missing space between singular "you" and (sg)
- 3) "abbreviations of figures of speech" added to "about" > "module" information