Jump to content

jzvi12

Member Since 23 Aug 2015
Offline Last Active May 07 2019 07:46 PM
-----

Posts I've Made

In Topic: Problems with Pointed Hebrew in eSword 11

16 February 2019 - 07:09 PM

Does the .bbli render ok in e-Sword. 11.2.2 (don't forget to remove the .bblx file when testing)
 
Jon


No, it doesn’t render ok in e-sword 11.2.2.
I used Ezra SIL font setting in T4. I will try to build a new bblx file with TITUS Cyberbit Basic.
I’m not very clear on what the recommended settings are in T4 in order to create Hebrew modules such as font settings, usual variables to use with Hebrew, etc with both RTF and HTML formats.

Pardon my ignorance, but if I have a RTF file, do I need to first save it as a HTML file and then open it in T4 and then save it as bblx so that rendering would be ok in e-sword? Or creating a HTML module means saving it as a bbli format?

In Topic: Problems with Pointed Hebrew in eSword 11

14 February 2019 - 08:35 AM

The font that I am using in the picture is Titus Cyberbit Basic. I am aware that is the default and it works fine except for the pointed text. I have tried Ezra Sil and other unicode fonts and all of them have their problems with correct display of the vowels.

MS unicode and Arial displayed the vowels below the text, but the line on top of the letters was displaced one whole character.

Coming from http://www.biblesupp...orrectly/page-2 (encoding issues with Hebrew text which is now resolved) now I’m having this issue with the font not displaying the vowel points correctly. Used Ezra SIL font setting, then converted the bblx to bbli using Rick’s Apple converter. Were you able solve this issue?
See attached pic

In Topic: Module won't display Hebrew Correctly

13 February 2019 - 04:57 AM

These are the variables I'm using in the RTF file. Notice both the right2left and define_font variables:

#define description=Aramaic Targumim of Tanakh + Peshitta NT
#define abbreviation=TgTNK
#define comments=
This Bible Module has 4 major parts:

(1) The Torah (Genesis-Deuteronomy) is the Targum of Onkelos,
(2) The Prophets are from Targum Yonatan ben Uziel (Targum Jonathan to the Prophets) compiled from the CAL website
(3) The Writings for the rest of Tanakh (the Old Testament) are various and also compiled from the CAL website
(4) The Brit Chadasha (New Testament) is the Aramaic Peshitta converted to Hebrew square script for ease of reading
#define version=2
#define ot=1
#define nt=1
#define right2left=1
#define font=HEBREW
#define apocrypha=0
#define strong=0
÷
Gen_1:1 בְּקַדְמִין, בְּרָא יְיָ, יָת שְׁמַיָּא, וְיָת אַרְעָא. 

(What does the define_version variable do?)

 

I'm attaching both iOS and PC display. If font is the only issue here then why in iOS the references displays from left to right for Hebrew even thought I set the right2left variable?

 

So which font is the one to use in T4, Ezra SIL or TITUS Cyberbit Basic?

 

Also, I'm attaching the RTF file for this bible module. I've been trying for many days without success.

 

 


In Topic: Module won't display Hebrew Correctly

13 February 2019 - 03:53 AM

Check the font setting is e-Sword, the default font for Hebrew is Titus Cyberbit Basic, if the default font is selected in e-Sword than go back to Tooltip and make sure the Hebrew is in Titus Cyberbit Basic. 

 I have the same issue. I Checked the font setting for my bible module is Titus Cyberbit Basic in Tooltip and still displays as described by emmertj


In Topic: Module won't display Hebrew Correctly

12 February 2019 - 10:11 PM

Check the font setting is e-Sword, the default font for Hebrew is Titus Cyberbit Basic, if the default font is selected in e-Sword than go back to Tooltip and make sure the Hebrew is in Titus Cyberbit Basic. 

 I have the same issue. I Checked the font setting for my bible module is Titus Cyberbit Basic in Tooltip and still displays as described by emmertj