- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: May 22 2014 12:59 PM
- Last Updated: Jul 13 2017 05:42 PM
- File Size: 15.06MB
- Views: 6870
- Downloads: 1,689
- Author: MLV Translation Committee
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
- Tab Name: MLVDC+G
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Modern Literal Version Dictionary and Concordance with Greek (2017) 2017.07.13
MLV Translation Committee
9.x - 10.x
This file has been updated and expanded for the 2017 edition of the Modern Literal Version.
Each word in this concordance now has the Strong's Number in the definition to aid your Bible study.
There are 6213 entries in this concordance, which covers almost every word in the MLV (words like "a" and "the" don't have entries). Since the MLV strives to--as much as is possible--use a single English word for each Greek word, this tool will prove very helpful. This way, if you look up all the times a specific English word appears in the MLV, you're also going to be seeing almost every instance that Greek word appears in the text as well.
Additionally, several of the words also have dictionary entiries as well, such as all the words marked with an asterisk in the text.
To volunteer or to send corrections for the Modern Literal Version, please contact one of us at: mlvbible (at) gmail (dot) com
This translation leaves present tense unchanged. The Greeks wrote in present tense to give the reader the feeling of ‘being there.’
* (asterisk) are used for universal footnoting of words listed here in the Appendix; also used to shown the difference between one English word being used for two different Greek words, as in Age* below. These are the very few words in Greek that have an expanded thought more than what the English word(s) have or simply have no good English equivalent.
Red Lettering or Bold Lettering (electronic or printed edition) is used for the words of Jesus, God the Father and the Holy Spirit even in an indirect quote as in Act_26:1-32, 1Ti_4:1-16. If you do not believe the RED or BOLD should be used in a certain area, please ignore.
Italicized words are the words added by the translators. They do not have a Greek counterpart but may need supplied to help show action, tense, or additional thought or to help make very literal phrases or sentences more readable, as opposed to paraphrasing the Greek. The articles ‘a’ ‘an’ are always supplied though never marked.
Paragraphs are used in this translation with no credence given to chapter or verse numbers. (Verse format or other special formatting takes ideas out of context most often.) Double spaced paragraphs was an attempt to arrange by subject. Single spaced paragraphs are for conversations or for sub topics. We did not put in ‘subject headings’ these would then be our opinions not your ‘Word of God.’
Quotes “ ” are not used in this translation because Greek never had them or a way to know for sure where they should be in English.
CAPITAL PRONOUNS used by some for “deity” are not used in the MLV. These capitalized pronouns would be at best “commentary” and worst “our opinion.” The MLV strives hard to be error-free.
- (Hyphen) often represents two English words which were only one Greek word. It is used more for the translators or the in depth studiers and for reference later to the MLV Concordance & Greek Lexicon. Please ignore these.
Copyright © 2014 by G. Allen Walker. All rights reserved. Used only by permission.
What's New in Version 2017.07.13 (See full changelog)
- * 12/10/2014 Updated with Strong's Numbers, and made to match the 2015 MLV.
- * Inserted (SGW), (MRGW), (MRGS) abbreviations to the appropriate words to inform the reader how many Greek words were translated by each English word (explanations of these abbreviations are found in each applicable definition) Approximately 6,000 changes from original upload.
- Updated to conform to the latest edition of the Modern Literan
Other files you may be interested in ..
- 9,035 Total Files
- 50 Total Categories
- 183 Total Contributors
- 4,721,944 Total Downloads
- E.M Zerr - Commentary On The Gospels and Acts - Version Latest File
- djmarko53 Latest Submitter