- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Jan 26 2013 03:17 PM
- Last Updated: Jan 26 2013 03:17 PM
- File Size: 38K
- Views: 3481
- Downloads: 372
- Author: Barton W. Stone
- e-Sword Version: 10.x
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
e-Sword 10 Module Download:
Stone, Barton W. - Atonement
Soteriology (Salvation) Christology Church of Christ Presbyterian Calvinism Jesus Studies
Barton W. Stone
THE SUBSTANCE OF TWO LETTERS
WRITTEN TO A FRIEND.
BY BARTON W. STONE
GO THROUGH, GO THROUGH THE GATES; PREPARE FOR THE
WAY OF THE PEOPLE; CAST UP, CAST UP THE HIGH WAY,
GATHER OUT OF THE STONES; LIFT UP A STANDARD
FOR THE PEOPLE.
PRINTED BY JOSEPH CHARLESS MAIN STREET.
This booklet consists of two letters which were written to a member of the Presbyterian Church (with which Stone was formerly associated), to compare many points of their Large Catechism with the Bible. The specific topic under consideration was the atonement which was gained through the death of Christ on the cross.
- An Examination of the Peculiar Doctrines of the Confession of Faith, which is the Constitution of the Presbyterian Church in America.
- Of the Covenant Made with Adam and His Posterity in Him
- Of the Wrath of God
- Of Christ, a Surety of the Elect, or of Mankind
- Of Imputed Righteousness
- Consequences of Surety-Righteousness
- The Nature of God
- The Nature of Fallen Man
- For What Purpose did Christ Come into the World, Live, and Die?
- Eleven Objections Considered and Answered
This edition is a modernized (spelling, punctuation, verse references, and format only) version of the original. Modernization started by Ernie Stefanik, 1997, and completed by the uploader in 2013. PDF version can be found here.