- New Content
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Jul 06 2012 10:34 PM
- Last Updated: Jul 07 2012 12:46 AM
- File Size: 9.73MB
- Views: 6707
- Downloads: 5,401
- Author: William Nicoll
- e-Sword Version: Requires 10.1+
- Tab Name: Exp-GR
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation helps this ministry stay online.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
New: Other Modules By Same Author
- No modules found
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Nicoll, William - The Expositor's Greek Testament (5 vols)
New Testament Greek Word Study Context Exegesis
e-Sword Edition of The Expositor's Greek Testament
This commentary has been specifically formatted for e-Sword.
- Comments are properly divided verse by verse instead of the previous version's bulky, chapter-by-chapter division.
- Greek and Hebrew are properly rendered to avoid the Greek "box" font errors of the previous version.
- The footnotes are included in this version.
- The e-Sword font choices and sizes apply to the text
- Implicit references converted to explicit - ToolTipped (clickable verse references)
- 25 megabytes of commentary on nearly every Greek word in the New Testament!
- Split screen comparison: see the image at the bottom of this description.
The Expositor's Greek Testament
William Nicoll edited The Expositor's Greek Testament. You may remember Nicoll from the Expositor's Bible (commentary), the Expositor's Dictionary of Texts (commentary), and The Sermon Bible (commentary). Nicoll clearly liked "Expositor" in his titles!
This classic, time-tested reference is written in English on the Greek text of the New Testament.
This commentary includes substantial introductions to each New Testament book. Nearly every (Greek) word in the New Testament contains grammatical, critical, exegetical, literary, and/or contextual analysis. The commentary is carefully cited with an extensive bibliography. The scholar, pastor, and serious Bible student can benefit from the Greek analysis.
The volumes and authors are:
- Volume 1 - Matthew, Mark, Luke (A.B. Bruce) and John (Marcus Dods)
- Volume 2 - Acts (R.J. Knowling), Romans (G.G. Findlay), and 1 Corinthians (J.H. Bernard)
- Volume 3 - 2 Corinthians (Frederic Rendall), Galatians (Frederic Rendall), Ephesians (S.D.F. Salmond), Philippians (H.A.A. Kennedy), and Colossians (A.S. Peake).
- Volume 4 - 1-2 Thessalonians (James Moffatt), 1-2Timothy (J.D. White), Titus (J.D. White), Philemon (W.E. Oesterley), Hebrews (Marcus Dods), and James (W.E. Oesterley)
- Volume 5 - 1 Peter (J.H.A. Hart), 2 Peter (R.H Strachan), 1-2-3 John (David Smith), Jude (J.B. Mayor), and Revelation (James Moffatt).
- John MacArthur's Masters Seminary, who lists this resource with a must-have asterisk in: 850 Books for Biblical Expositors.
- Dr. Kenneth Wuest in "Word Studies in the Greek New Testament" books.
- John MacArthur's commentaries
- NIV Application Commentary
- College Press NIV Commentary
- The New International Greek Testament Commentary
- The NET Bible
- The New Bible Dictionary
- Who's Who in Christian History
- Word Biblical Commentary
New Version Divided By Verse
Other files you may be interested in ..
- 7,621 Total Files
- 49 Total Categories
- 86 Total Contributors
- 1,993,760 Total Downloads
- Beet, Joseph - Commentary on Selected Books of the New Testament (4 vols) - Updated Latest File
- Josh Bond Latest Submitter
36 user(s) are online (in the past 30 minutes)
17 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bing (2), Google Mobile (1), vinsmike, boltclaus, devomachine, amic05, Ray, djgarrett32, Alan Simons, keith1, rwarner, LawrenceRaymond, Michael Hawkins, David Haarmeyer, Josh Bond, pbawsc, leahcimw, HeptaS, bayouparson