- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Mar 22 2012 10:03 AM
- Last Updated: Jun 29 2012 10:11 AM
- File Size: 9.66MB
- Views: 10907
- Downloads: 10,249
- Author: Henry Wace and William Percy
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
- Tab Name: Wace
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- No modules found
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Wace, Henry - Dictionary of Christian Biography and Literature
Church History Biography
Henry Wace and William Percy
9.x - 10.x
Dictionary of Christian Biography and Literature to the End of the Sixth Century A.D., with an Account of the Principal Sects and Heresies.
Henry Wace (Dean of Canterbury) and William Percy (church historian) compiled this extensive dictionary of over 800 early Christian figures, groups, and literature.
This very large (8 megabyte) dictionary includes the principal sects and heresies that challenged orthodox Christianity on several fronts during the early years. For anyone serious about the early church and the people who made indelible marks in its story, this is a fundamental resource.
- Features reliable sketches of major Christian personalities of the first six centuries.
- Analyzes the documents, creeds, and literature of the early church and its opponents.
- Describes the principal sects and heretics of early Christianity, including discussions of the theological tendencies of these opponents.
- Covers more than 600 years of church history.
You have the option of downloading this file in Dictionary format AND Topic format. The content is identical. e-Sword does not allow for resizing the dictionary topics display, so most entry titles scroll past the viewable window. The Topics version may be easier for some to use. The dictionary version may be more convenient.