Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Dictionaries - Wace, Henry - Dictionary of Christian Biography and Literature

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

File Name: Wace, Henry - Dictionary of Christian Biography and Literature

File Submitter: Josh Bond

File Submitted: 22 Mar 2012

File Category: Dictionaries

Author: Henry Wace and William Percy
e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x

Dictionary of Christian Biography and Literature to the End of the Sixth Century A.D., with an Account of the Principal Sects and Heresies.

Henry Wace (Dean of Canterbury) and William Percy (church historian) compiled this extensive dictionary of over 800 early Christian figures, groups, and literature.

This very large (8 megabyte) dictionary includes the principal sects and heresies that challenged orthodox Christianity on several fronts during the early years. For anyone serious about the early church and the people who made indelible marks in its story, this is a fundamental resource.

• Features reliable sketches of major Christian personalities of the first six centuries.
  • Analyzes the documents, creeds, and literature of the early church and its opponents.
  • Describes the principal sects and heretics of early Christianity, including discussions of the theological tendencies of these opponents.
  • Covers more than 600 years of church history.
e-Sword Version
You have the option of downloading this file in Dictionary format AND Topic format. The content is identical. e-Sword does not allow for resizing the dictionary topics display, so most entry titles scroll past the viewable window. The Topics version may be easier for some to use. The dictionary version may be more convenient.

Click here to download this file

#2 LarryG

LarryG

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

What a total blessing, an amazing resource! Church history and it's particpents I find fascinating, this module is so well laid out. Thank you Josh. Seriously, one of the heartaches I see happening is that the Chruch is quickly losing her history. This opens the believers up to all manner of accusation by the ill informed.

Again, thanks Josh. God bless the work of your hands and strengthen your heart. lg

#3 Ebed Doulos

Ebed Doulos

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

Thank you so much. May ...

Edited by Ebed Doulos, 22 March 2012 - 01:42 PM.

Posted Image

#4 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

Thanks Brother Josh,

I echo the thanks and compliments of the others. I'm just now getting to see how to use the wealth of information in this module. I opted for the dictionary version, and it's working perfectly. I was very happy to find out that it displays in the larger fonts I have set for my weak eyes. Thanks sincerely for all of your hard work. This is a lot of hard to find information all in one handy resource. I highly recommend it for everyone who wants to know more about church history. Beautiful Work!

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users