- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Jan 27 2012 11:32 PM
- Last Updated: Mar 05 2012 02:15 AM
- File Size: 625K
- Views: 2194
- Downloads: 522
- Author: Miller, James R.
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
- Tab Name: Miller - YB
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- Miller, James R. - Choice Sermons - Volume 4
- Miller, James R. - Treasures From J.R. Miller
- Miller, James R. - Daily Bible Readings In The Life Of Christ
- Miller, James R. - Choice Sermons - Volume 1
- Miller, James R. - Choice Sermons - Volume 2
- Miller, James R. - Choice Sermons - Volume 3
- Miller, James R. - Choice Sermons - Volume 5
- Works of J.R. Miller
- Miller, J.R. - Devotional Hours with the Bible (8 vols, devotions format)
- Miller, James Russell - Year Book
- Miller, James R. - Christian Motherhood
- Miller, James R. - Girls - Faults and Ideals
- Miller, James R. - Systematic Fasting
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Miller, James R. - Millers Year Book
Christian Living Devotional Living a Christian Life Education
Miller, James R.
9.x - 10.x
Miller - YB
Miller's Year Book - A Year's Daily Readings
James R. Miller, 1895
Updated to e-Sword standardized fonts.
A verse of Scripture in the morning, may become a blessing for all the day. It may sing in the heart as a sweet song, from morning until evening. It may become a liturgy of prayer in which the soul shall voice its deepest needs and hungers-amid toils, struggles, and cares. It may be a guide through perplexing tangles, 'God's voice' whispering cheer, a comforter breathing peace in sorrow.
James Russell Miller, D.D., was born on March 20, 1840 at Frankfort Springs, Pennsylvania and died on July 2, 1912.
The author was an active pastor and prolific author of Christian books and materials. James Russell Miller was probably best known for his ministry to troops during the American Civil War with the United States Christian Commission. J.R. Miller completed his theological studies after the war was over and was ordained on September 11, 1867. He authored over 80 books, booklets, and pamphlets - along with a great many periodicals. Dr. J.R. Miller became the Editorial Superintendent of the Presbyterian Board of Publication and a very active pastor in a succession of churches.
Rev. James Russell Miller was one of the best selling Christian authors of his era. He had a total circulation of over two million copies during his lifetime. The Presbyterian Board of Publication, under his direction, published over 66 million copies of his periodicals in 1911.
SOURCE NOTE AND SPECIAL THANKS
Grace Gems Editors (God's Servants) at http://www.gracegems.org/ updated, revised, and adapted this beautiful material to modern English. They adopted a 'flowing poetic form' for most of the quotes as an aid to reflection and comprehension. http://www.gracegems.../literature.htm Grace Gems Copyright Policy: We frequently get requests asking for permission to use literature from Grace Gems. Since everything on our website is public domain, there is no need to ask permission. We encourage others to use our literature in any way they desire. Forward it to others — add it to your website — put it in your church bulletins — make it into books or booklets for distribution. Also, feel free to add a "link" to http://www.gracegems.org/ on your website — there is no need to ask for permission. (Formatted for e-Sword by Tom Rightmer using e-Sword ToolTip v3.45)
Other files you may be interested in ..
- 8,417 Total Files
- 50 Total Categories
- 218 Total Contributors
- 4,884,398 Total Downloads
- Bible Atlas and Color New Testament Charts and Maps Latest File
- djmarko53 Latest Submitter