- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Jan 12 2012 10:09 AM
- Last Updated: Apr 25 2018 12:52 AM
- File Size: 930K
- Views: 7168
- Downloads: 2,588
- Author: Frank Jabini
- e-Sword Version: 10.x
- Suggest New Tag:: Biblical Languages
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- F.B. Hole Commentary - Updated
- F.B. Hole Commentary MySword Version
- Logsdon, S. Franklin - The Victory Life In Psalm 119.topx.exe
- Logsdon, S. Franklin - The Holy Spirit At Work.topx.exe
- Franklin, James H. - Ministers of Mercy.topx.exe
- Jabini, Franklin S. - Introduction to Biblical languages: How to use Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek resources
- Logsdon, S. Franklin - Malachi, Or Will A Man Rob God.topx.exe
- Allen, Frank E. - The Acts of the Apostles
- Franklin, Benjamin - The Gospel Preacher (Volume 1)
- Logsdon, Franklin S. - Crucified to Live
- Logsdon, S. Franklin - Hosea, People That Forgot GOD
- Franklin, Benjamin - The Gospel Preacher (volume 2)
- Wallace, Frank - Daniel's Prayer Life
- Wallace, Frank - The Days Of The Judges
- Wallace, Frank - The Book Of Ruth
- Wallace, Frank - Prayer For Increase - Hannah
- Wallace, Frank - The Life Of Elisha
- Wallace, Frank - Prayer For Increase - Jabez
- Morison, Frank - Who Moved the Stone?
- DeCanio, Frank - Pentateuch, an Analysis and Synthesis
- Bartleman, Frank - Library
- Pack, Frank - Lessons In Church History by Frank Pack
- Logsdon, S. Franklin - Library
e-Sword 10 Module Download:
Jabini, Frank - Introduction to Biblical Languages. (e-Sword 10.x Edition)
Language / Interpretation Biblical Studies
Suggest New Tag::
Introduction to Biblical languages: How to use Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek resources
Copyright © 2011 by Franklin Jabini Sr. All rights reserved.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permission to port this work to e-Sword 10.x was granted by Frank Jabini.
From the Recommendation to this book:
In his book, Introduction to Biblical languages, Dr Franklin Jabini contributes creatively to the growing collection of resources that give theology students access to the Bible in its original languages without struggling through one or two years of Hebrew and Greek grammar. By introducing students to two open access internet resources, E-Sword and The Word, he guides them through the first steps of interpreting the original Greek and Hebrew texts of the Bible. Traditional grammar courses in Greek and Hebrew for theology students produce a small number of Bible translators and some language specialists, but not many church ministers who regularly use the Hebrew Bible and the Greek New Testament to prepare sermons and Bible studies. This book aims at achieving the latter objective. By opting for two free internet resources, Dr Jabini’s approach is eminently sensible, especially for students in church communities across the global South with limited funds and limited access to Greek and Hebrew specialists.
Direct engagement with the Hebrew and Greek Scriptures by leaders of a Christian community is an essential prerequisite for a deeply contextual theology. No authentic self-theologising can take place without this engagement, since it enables a community to make creative connections between its own world and the life-worlds of Israel, Jesus and the apostles. This book will help theological students become competent users of these resources and thereby (hopefully) life-long creative interpreters of the Hebrew and Greek Scriptures within their contexts.
Prof J.N.J. (Klippies) Kritzinger
University of South Africa
Other files you may be interested in ..
- 8,587 Total Files
- 50 Total Categories
- 214 Total Contributors
- 4,945,565 Total Downloads
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - The Interpreter Morning and Evening Latest File
- djmarko53 Latest Submitter