- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: May 24 2015 02:04 AM
- Last Updated: May 24 2015 02:04 AM
- File Size: 38.65MB
- Views: 2636
- Downloads: 348
- Author: Ronald L. Conte Jr., translator and editor.
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
- Tab Name: CPDV
- Suggest New Tag:: From Latin, Catholic, Deuterocanonicals
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- No modules found
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Catholic Public Domain Version, Original Edition, 2009 1
Whole Bible Apocrypha Catholic Public Domain
Ronald L. Conte Jr., translator and editor.
9.x - 10.x
Suggest New Tag::
From Latin, Catholic, Deuterocanonicals
The Catholic Public Domain Version, Original Edition was completed on March 28th, 2009.
This version of the Bible is called the Catholic Public Domain Version (CPDV) of the Holy Bible. The Catholic Public Domain Version of the Bible is a translation of the Sacred Bible, Sixtus V and Clement VIII Latin Vulgate edition. The 1914 Hetzenauer edition of the Vulgate was the main source text. Several other Latin editions were consulted including the 1861 Vercellone edition, the 1822 - 1824 Leander van Ess edition (which compares the 1590, 1592, 1593, 1598 editions of the Sixtus V and Clement VIII editions), and the modern-day Tweedale Edition (London, 2005). The Challoner Douay-Rheims Version of the Bible was used as a guide in translating the Latin text into English. The original Rheims Douai Bible was also frequently consulted.
What's New in Version 1 (See full changelog)
- Converted from an Access file to SQLite just to see if it could be done without any special software. Exported from Access to Excel (CSV) and imported with DB Browser. A few tweaks and I was in business.