- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Jan 25 2014 11:12 AM
- Last Updated: Jan 25 2014 11:14 AM
- File Size: 485K
- Views: 6233
- Downloads: 1,540
- Author: R.A. Torrey
- MySword Version:: 1.X
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- Torrey How To Pray Droid MySword Version
- Torrey The Fundamentals of the Christian Faith Vol 1 Droid MySword Version
- Torrey, R.A. - The Person and Work of the Holy Spirit Droid MySword Version
- Torrey, R.A. - How To Bring Men To Christ - Droid MySword Version
- Concordance - Torrey's topical textbook
- Torrey, R.A. - How to Obtain the Fullness of Power Droid MySword Version
- Torrey, R.A. - Difficulties in the Bible Droid MySword Version
- Torrey, R.A. - Baptism with the Holy Spirit Droid MySword Version
MySword (Mobile) Module Download:
Torrey, R.A. - Pocket Guide for Christian Workers
How do I view MySword modules?
Note: After you download the file to your PC or your android device, the file must then be moved to the MySword folder on your android device. If downloading directly to your android device, you may need to install a file explorer app to be able to move the file to your MySword folder if your device does not have one already.
FOR CHRISTIAN WORKERS
IN THE AMERICAN STANDARD VERSION
The best texts for personal work, classified for practical use, printed in full and arranged for ready reference by
R. A. TORREY
This little book is prepared in response to a request from one who is, perhaps, in as good a position as anyone to know what Christian workers really want. It is not intended to supplant the larger work, How to Bring Men to Christ. Any who desire more definite and detailed instruction in the right use of the Scripture given in this book and in the general work of soul-winning are referred to the larger volume. Opinions of the most experienced workers may differ as to which are “the Best Texts” for any given case, but those quoted in this book are those which have approved themselves as such in the study and experience of the author.
There is medicine in the Bible for every sin sick soul, but every soul does not need the same medicine. This book attempts to arrange the remedies according to maladies.
This edition transcribes the Scripture passages selected by Dr. R. A. Torrey into the New International Version of the Bible. In addition, sections XII, XIII, and XIV have been composed and inserted to make the NIV Pocket Guide particularly helpful for dealing with significant problems of our time.
CONTENTSI. THE BEST TEXTS FOR THE CARELESS, INDIFFERENT, AND ALL WHO DO NOT FEEL DEEPLY THEIR NEED OF CHRIST
1. The fact and greatness of our sin
2. The consequences of sin and unbelief
3. Gods love for us
II. THE BEST TEXTS FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO KNOW HOW TO BE SAVED.
1. Show them Jesus Christ as a Sin Bearer, the Saviour from the guilt of sin.
2. Show them Jesus Christ as a Risen Saviour, the Saviour from the power of sin.
3. Show them Jesus Christ as an Everlasting Intercessor.
4. Show them that all they have to do to make this Saviour and Everlasting Intercessor their Saviour from guilt of sin and from the power of sin, and their Everlasting Intercessor is just to receive him or believe on him as such and confess him before the world.
III. THE BEST TEXTS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE DIFFICULTIES
1. “I am too great a sinner.”
2. “My heart is too hard.”
3. “I must become better before I become a Christian.”
4. “I am afraid I cant hold out”; or, “I am afraid I shall fail, if I try.”
5. “But I am so weak.”
6. “I have tried before and failed.”
7. “I cant give up my evil ways.”
8. “I will be persecuted if I become a Christian.”
9. “It will hurt my business,”; or “I will lose my position.”
10. “There is too much to give up.”
11. “The Christian life is too hard.”
12. “I am afraid of ridicule.”
13. “I will lose my companions.”
14. “I have no feeling.”
15. “I have been seeking Christ, but cannot find Him.”
16. “I have sinned away the day of grace”; or “God wont receive me.”
17. “I have committed the unpardonable sin.”
18. “It is too late.”
19. “Christians are so inconsistent.”
20. “God seems to me to be unjust and cruel.”
21. “There are so many things in the Bible which I cannot understand.”
22. “There is someone I cant forgive.”
IV. THE BEST TEXTS FOR THOSE WHO ENTERTAIN FALSE HOPES
1. The hope of being saved by a righteous life.
2. The hope that “God is too good to damn anyone”
3. The hope of being saved by “trying to be a Christian”
4. The hope of being saved because “I feel saved,” or “I feel that I am going to heaven”
5. The hope of being saved by a profession, or church membership, or faith, that does not save us from sin
V. THE BEST TEXTS FOR THOSE WHO LACK ASSURANCE
VI. THE BEST TEXTS FOR BACKSLIDERS
1. Careless Backsliders
2. Backsliders who wish to come back to the Lord.
VII. THE BEST TEXTS FOR SKEPTICS
1. Earnest-minded skeptics
2. Skeptics who are triflers
3. Especially for those who doubt the existence of God
4. Those who doubt that the Bible is the Word of God
5. Those who doubt the divinity of Christ
VIII. THE BEST TEXT FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO POSTPONE A DECISION.
IX. THE BEST TEXTS FOR ROMAN CATHOLICS.
X. THE BEST TEXT FOR JEWS
XI. THE BEST TEXTS FOR SPIRITUALISTS
XII. THE BEST TEXTS FOR JEHOVAHS WITNESSES
1. The Bible as Gods Revelation
2. The deity of Christ
3. Man accountable for sins
4. Atonement and eternal life through Christ
5. Salvation by faith not works
6. The certainty of the future state of man
XIII. THE BEST TEXTS FOR MORMONS
1. One God, transcendent to man
2. Christ the only Saviour
3. The sinfulness of man
4. Salvation by faith, not works
5. Priesthood of believers and high priesthood of Christ
XIV. BEST SCRIPTURES FOR THOSE INVOLVED WITH CULTS
1. Essential issues common to cults
2. For those involved in cults based on Western religions
3. For those involved in Eastern religions and cults
XV. THE BEST TEXTS FOR CHRISTIANS WHO NEED HELP
1. For Christians who are neglecting the open confession of Christ
2. For Christians who are neglecting the Bible
3. For Christians who are neglecting prayer
4. For Christians who are living careless lives
5. For Christians who are not working for Christ
6. For Christians who are undergoing temptation
7. For Christians who are undergoing persecution
8. For Christians who are undergoing trial
9. For Christians who have lost loved ones