- New Content
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Jul 07 2012 03:58 PM
- Last Updated: Sep 10 2012 08:46 AM
- File Size: 512K
- Views: 535
- Downloads: 155
- Author: Matthew Mead
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
- Suggest New Tag:: puritan wlue777 e-sword 9.x, 10 X christian conversion
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation helps this ministry stay online.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
New: Other Modules By Same Author
- No modules found
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Mead, Matthew - Works of Matthew Mead 1.1
9.x - 10.x
Suggest New Tag::
puritan wlue777 e-sword 9.x, 10 X christian conversion
"During the time of Oliver Cromwell's rule, Mead identified with the Independents. In 1658, Cromwell appointed Mead curate of Mew Chapel, Shadwell, near Stepney; however, Mead lost that position after the Restoration." Joel Beeke, Meet the Puritans, p. 444.
"In 1669, he formally became William Greenhill's assistant pastor at Stepney. Shortly after Greenhill's death in 1671, Mead was asked to succeed Greenhill as pastor. He was installed by John Owen on December 14." Ibid., p. 445.
"Mead succeeded Owen in 1683 as a Tuesday morning lecturer at Pinner's Hall, a position he held until his death. He wholeheartedly supported John Howe's attempt in 1690 to unite Presbyterians and Congregationalists. Mead was asked to preach for the service inaugurating "the Happy Union of Independents and Presbyterians" in Stepney on April 6, 1691." Ibid., p. 445.
"Mead died at the age of seventy on October 16, 1699. John Howe, who preached at Mead's funeral, called his friend a "very reverend and most laborious servant of Christ." Ibid., p. 446.
Question I. How far a man may go in the way to heaven—and yet be but almost a Christian? This shown in twenty several steps.
1. A man may have much knowledge—and yet be but almost a Christian
2. A man may have great and eminent spiritual gifts—and yet be but almost a Christian
3. A man may have a high profession of religion, be much in external duties of godliness—and yet be but almost a Christian
4. A man may go far in opposing his sin—and yet be but almost a Christian
5. A man may hate sin—and yet be but almost a Christian
6. A man may make great vows and promises, strong purposes and resolutions against sin—and vet be but an almost Christian
7. A man may maintain a strife and combat against sin—and yet be but almost a Christian
8. A man may be a member of a Christian church—and yet be but almost a Christian
9. A man may have great hopes of heaven—and yet be but almost a Christian
10. A man may be under visible changes—and yet be but almost a Christian
11. A man may be very zealous in matters of religion—and yet be but almost a Christian
12. A man may be much in prayer—and yet be but almost a Christian
13. A man may suffer for Christ—and yet be but almost a Christian
14. A man may be called by God and embrace his call—and yet be but an almost Christian
15. A man may have the Spirit of God—and yet be but almost a Christian
16. A man may have faith—and yet be but almost a Christian
17. A man ma ay have a love to the people of God—and yet be but almost a Christian
18. A man may obey the commands of God—and yet be but almost a Christian
19. A man may be sanctified—and yet be but almost a Christian
20. A man may do all the external duties and worship which a true Christian can—and yet be but almost a Christian
we must examine ourself soberly to see if we are truly born again!!
What's New in Version 1.1 (See full changelog)
- Tool-tipped and formatted.
Other files you may be interested in ..
- 7,622 Total Files
- 49 Total Categories
- 86 Total Contributors
- 1,986,857 Total Downloads
- Beet, Joseph - Commentary on Selected Books of the New Testament (4 vols) - Updated Latest File
- Josh Bond Latest Submitter