- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Feb 05 2012 01:30 PM
- Last Updated: Feb 18 2012 12:09 PM
- File Size: 811K
- Views: 5515
- Downloads: 934
- Author: Various Authors
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Why I Left... (1948) 1.0
Denominations and Disciplines Baptist Church of Christ Charismatic Catholic Lutheran Methodist Modern (1800-Today) History Expository Topics Education Bible Interpretation Illustrations/Quotations Sermons/Outlines Soteriology (Salvation) Secular Calvinism Presbyterian
9.x - 10.x
In 1948, a series of lectures was held in the Fort Worth, TX area. The theme was "Why I Left..." Each of the ones presenting lectures (with the exception of two) had left their denomination in order to simply be an un-denominational Christian. The other two spoke on how they left (1) the world and (2) the anti-class position (the belief that it is a damnable sin to have Bible classes on Sundays).
- Why I Left the Christian Church (Floyd A. Decker)
- Why I Left the Presbyterian Church (Horace W. Busby)
- Why I Left the Baptist Church (Grover Stevens)
- Why I Left the Methodist Church (Claude B. Holcomb)
- Why I Left the Nazarene Church (Waymon D. Miller)
- Why I Left the Lutheran Church (Claude Guild)
- Why I Left the World (Luther Blackmon)
- Why I Left the Catholic Church (Joe Malone)
- Why I Left the Anti-Class Position (L.W. Hayhurst)
From the Uploader
If you are a member of one of the denominations mentioned above, please read those chapters with an open mind and an open Bible. These are the stories of real people who left those denominations because they were concerned about being right with God. However, if you aren't willing to have your faith challenged, don't download this module.