- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Jan 30 2012 12:04 AM
- Last Updated: Jan 30 2012 12:08 AM
- File Size: 569.38K
- Views: 4056
- Downloads: 1,198
- Author: Mary Elizabeth Baxter
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- No modules found
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Baxter, Mary E. - The Women in the Word
Women Bible Characters
Mary Elizabeth Baxter
9.x - 10.x
Baxter covers nearly all the women of the Bible, from Eve to the Marys of the New Testament, in the order of the Bible. Baxter writes a biographical and character sketch of each woman, while weaving major themes of the Bible through each sketch.
About the Author
Mary Elizabeth Foster Baxter was born in Worcestirshire England to God–honoring parents in 1837. At the age of twenty–one she responded to a clear presentation of the gospel and shortly thereafter became involved in evangelistic ministry. She was married to Michael P. Baxter in 1868 and together they raised one son, Michael Paget Baxter. England and much of Europe were influenced for the cause of Christ, through the Baxter’s selfless service. They eventually founded Bethshan House, a refuge for the sick of body and soul. Mary and her husband were mentored by spiritual leaders like Andrew Murray and D. L. Moody, to name a few.
Among Mary Baxter’s giftedness was a profound love of writing. She held the position coeditor of the “Christian Herald” in London and authored many books, including The Women in the Word, as well as articles, and Bible studies. In response to the command to be “a witness…unto the ends of the earth,” Mary took a world tour with her pastor and his wife. During this journey she suffered from a violent form of neuralgia, which Mary recognized as God’s way of bringing about humility and an end to her self–will. Mrs. Baxter wanted her life’s testimony to be summed up by the statement: “God is faithful.” She left this earth to enter her glorious eternal life with God in 1926.
01. Eve - Gen_2:18
02. Sarah. Part I - Heb_11:2
03. Sarah. Part II - Heb_11:11.
04. Hagar - Gen_16:13
05. Rebekah. Part I - Gen_24:1-67.
06. Rebekah. Part II - Gen_27:1-46
07. Leah and Rachel - Gen_29:1-35.
08. Jochebed, the Mother of Moses - Exo_1:1-22; Exo_2:1-25.
09. Zipporah, the Wife of Moses - Exo_4:18-26
10. Miriam, The Prophetess - Num_12:1-16.
11. Rahab - Jos_2:1-24.
12. Deborah - Jdg_4:1-24.
13. Deborah's Song - Jdg_5:1-31.
14. Manoah's Wife - Jdg_13:1-25.
15. Naomi and Ruth. Part I - Rth_1:1-22.
16. Naomi and Ruth. Part II - Rth_1:1-22.
17. Hannah - 1Sa_1:1-28.
18. Hannah's Song - 1Sa_2:1-36.
19. Michal, Saul's Daughter - 1Sa_18:20-30
20. Abigail - 1Sa_25:1-44.
21. Bathsheba - 2Sa_11:12.
22. The Wife of Jeroboam - 1Ki_14:1-31.
23. Jezebel - 1Ki_16:1-34; 1Ki_19:1-21; 1Ki_21:1-29.
24. Athaliah - 2Ch_21:1-20.
25. Huldah, The Prophetess - 2Ch_34:14-33
26. Esther - Est_4:1-17; Est_5:1-14; Est_6:1-14; Est_7:1-10.
27. Job's Wife - Job_2:9-10
28. Belshazzar's Queen Mother - Dan_5:1-31.
29. Elizabeth - Luk_1:1-80.
30. Mary, the Mother of Jesus - Luk_1:26-38
31. Mary's Song of Praise - Luk_1:39-56
32. Mary and the Child Jesus. Part I - Luk_2:1-20 & Mat_2:1-23.
33. Mary and the Child Jesus. Part II - Luk_2:21-52
34. Mary and the Marriage of Cana - Joh_2:1-25.
35. Anna, the Prophetess - Luk_2:36-38
36. Widow of Nain - Luk_7:11-25
37. The Woman which was a Sinner - Luk_7:30-50
38. Ministering Women - Luk_8:2-3
39. The Woman of Samaria. Part II - Joh_4:1-42
40. The Woman of Samaria. Part II - Joh_4:1-42
41. The Woman of Samaria. Part III - Joh_4:27-42
42. The Syrophenician Woman - Mat_15:21-28
43. Martha, the Bustling Woman - Luk_10:28-42
44. The Sisters' Faith Tried - Joh_11:1-44
45. Mary Anointing Jesus - Joh_12:1-8
46. Sapphira - Act_5:1-10
47. Dorcas - Act_9:36-43
48. Lydia - Act_16:12-15; Act_16:40
49. Prophesying Women - Act_21:7-9
50. Priscilla - Act_18:1-28.
51. Euodias and Syntyche - Php_4:2-3
52. Paul's Helpers - Rom_16:1-27.
53. The Elect Lady - 2 John