- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Jan 12 2019 09:20 PM
- Last Updated: Jan 23 2019 03:44 PM
- File Size: 9.01MB
- Views: 1171
- Downloads: 112
- Author: Charles Haddon Spurgeon
- e-Sword Version: 10.x
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- Spurgeon, Charles H.- Book Collection
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Advice For Seekers
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - All of Grace
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Around the Wicket Gate
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Barbed Arrows From the Quiver of Charles H. Spurgeon
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Behold the Throne of Grace
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - The Bible and the Newspaper
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Spurgeon's Anecdotes
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Christ's Glorious Achievements
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Christ's Incarnation
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Christ's Words From The Cross
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - The Clue of the Maze
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Come Ye Children
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Commenting and Commentaries
- Spurgeon, Charlles H. - Daily Help
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - The "Down Grade" Controversy
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Eccentric Preachers
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Faith, What It Is
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Faith's Checkbook (Devotional)
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Farm Sermons
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Feathers for Arrows
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Flashes of Thought
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Flowers from a Puritan's Garden
- Spurgeon,Charles H. - From the Pulpit to the Palm-Branch
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Gleanings Among the Sheaves
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Devotional Commentary on Psalm 119
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - A Good Start
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Illutrations and Meditations
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Gospel of the Kingdom [Matthew]
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Grace Triumphant
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - The Greatest Fight in the World
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - John Ploughman's Pictures
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - John Ploughman's Talks
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Lectures to My Students
- Spuurgeon, Charles H. - Letters and Correspondence of Charles Haddon Spurgeon
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Messages to the Multitudes
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - The Metropolitan Tabernacle
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Morning and Evening Devotionals
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - The Mourner's Comforter
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - "MY CONVERSION"
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Spurgeon's SERMON NOTES
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Only a Prayer Meeting
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Pictures From Pilgrim's Progress
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - PRAYER [i.e. examples of prayer]
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - The Present Truth
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - The Saint and His Saviour
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Words of Wisdom For The Daily Life
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Words of Warning For Daily Life
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Words of Counsel For Christian Workers
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Words of Cheer for Daily Life
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - What The Stones Say
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - We Endeavor
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Types and Emblems
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Trumpet Calls To Christian Energy
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Till He Come
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - The Soul Winner
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - The Pastor In Prayer
e-Sword 10 Module Download:
Spurgeon, Charles H. - The Interpreter Morning and Evening
Scripture Christian Living Devotional Sermon Helps Public Domain
Charles Haddon Spurgeon
This is the Book "Interpreter--Morning and Evening" by
Charles Haddon Spurgeon. This Book is now Complete
for every day of the year. This Book is Volume One in
a set of Three Volumes. The commentary and notes in
these volumes together, would make an interesting abridged
commentary on the Bible.
This is similar to Spurgeon's Morning and Evening Daily
Devotional only better. It has Scripture and Commentary
for each Morning and Evening Daily Devotional. Plus, it
makes allowance for Leap Year. Includes 732 Devotionals
with great Notes and Commentary. Also includes the
following Devotions by Spurgeon:
1. For the Day of a Death or Funeral
2. For a Time of Trouble
3. For a Wedding
Completed: January thru December.
This .refi (HD) Reference work requires Version 11.2 of
e-Sword to run on your PC. Also runs on iPad and iPhone
as well as on your PC.
Below is the Morning Devotion for January 12th:
"I am thy shield."
Let those fear who touch the Lord's anointed, but as for those
who trust in the living God they have no cause for alarm. Five
kings or fifty kings may come against them, but while Jehovah
defends them they are secure. Perhaps the Lord saw a rising
fear in Abram's mind, and therefore came to him with this word
of comfort: God is not willing that his servants should be in
bondage to fear.
The strongest faith has its conflicts. Abram's heart was set upon
being the progenitor of the Messiah, and he believed in the
promise of God that he should be so, but still it appeared
mpossible, for he had no son, nor did it appear likely that he
would ever have one. It is wise always to spread our doubts
before the Lord, for he can meet them for us.
Over the head of every difficulty and physical impossibility he
believed in God; and therefore he stood accepted as righteous
before the Lord.
The sacrifice ratifying the covenant is the most satisfying food
for faith. Let us see Jesus confirming the promises and we are
content. True, a few distracting questions like these ravenous
birds will molest us, but by faith we chase them away. When the
Lord covenanted with his servant over the bodies of the beasts
slain in sacrifice, he gave him the strongest possible confirmation;
and in the death of Jesus we have solid assurance that the
promises shall all be fulfilled.
This symbolised the history of the chosen seed: the furnace of
affliction with its darkening smoke is often theirs, but the lamp of
God's salvation is never removed from them.
Thus was the fear of Abram cured by the covenant: let us ever
resort to the same remedy.
'Tis mine the covenant of grace,
And every promise mine;
All flowing from eternal love,
And sealed by blood divine.
On my unworthy, favour'd head,
Its blessings all unite;
Blessings more numerous than the stars,
More lasting and more bright.
That covenant the last accent claims
Of this poor faltering tongue;
And that shall the first notes employ
Of my celestial song.
Below is the Evening Devotion for January 27th:
"His banner over me was love."
Gen 43:15-16; Gen 43:18-23; Gen 43:26-34
So deeply interesting is this story of Joseph, that we
must needs linger over it. The Holy Spirit indulges us
with details, and we may be sure that he intended our
Thus Joseph's love sought an opportunity for closer
personal intercourse with them.
Love intended pleasure, but fear turned it into dread.
Beware of doubts and mistrusts of the Lord Jesus, lest
even his goodness should make us afraid.
Open confession was natural to honest men when in
fear; it is also the ready way to peace with God.
The hostage being delivered all was well. The bringing
of our Lord Jesus from the dead was a token for good
to all his brethren.
By calling their father "thy servant," and making
obeisance for themselves and him, they fulfilled his
second dream. The sun and the moon and the eleven
stars did him homage.
Love longs to express itself, but there is a time for
everything. Jesus loves his brethren always, but he
prudently conceals himself at times for their good.
How they must have wondered while they feasted
to see the order in which he placed them, and the
favour shown to Benjamin. How plainly everything
said, "I am. Joseph" yet they perceived him not;
and just so, despite all the loving deeds of Jesus,
none ever discover him till he reveals himself by
Speak to us, Lord, thyself reveal,
While here on earth we rove;
Speak to our hearts and let us feel
The kindlings of thy love.
With thee conversing, we forget
All time, and toil, and care;
Labour is rest, and pain is sweet,
If thou, our God, art there.
Other files you may be interested in ..
- 8,428 Total Files
- 50 Total Categories
- 220 Total Contributors
- 4,920,701 Total Downloads
- McGarvey, J. W. - Treatise on the Eldership of the Church Latest File
- djmarko53 Latest Submitter