Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword 12

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 oppie

oppie

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:49 AM

Still no support for searching words containing for instance ä (Naäman etc.) which is very common in Dutch.

Still no possibility to make footnotes in pop-ups via TooltipNT, which is, as I understand it, not allowed for home made modules.

Still no Android version, most of us cannot afford an iphone/ipad.

Therefor I use MySword on Android, but no possibility to convert my eSword modules and my bible version to MySword.

From theWord (without the mentioned search problems, by the way)  to MySword there is a converter that works great. But no conversion from eSword to theWord possible (or visa versa). So I have to make my modules and bibleversion in both theWord (for conversion to MySword) and via TooltipNT(cumbersome and time consuming) eSword.

So for me version 12 is not an improvement at all, therefor it's over and out with eSword, I switch to theWord.

Edited by oppie, 16 August 2019 - 01:55 AM.

#32 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 05:49 AM

Still no support for searching words containing for instance ä (Naäman etc.) which is very common in Dutch.

Still no possibility to make footnotes in pop-ups via TooltipNT, which is, as I understand it, not allowed for home made modules.

Therefor I use MySword on Android, but no possibility to convert my eSword modules and my bible version to MySword.

From theWord (without the mentioned search problems, by the way)  to MySword there is a converter that works great. But no conversion from eSword to theWord possible (or visa versa). So I have to make my modules and bibleversion in both theWord (for conversion to MySword) and via TooltipNT(cumbersome and time consuming) eSword.

So for me version 12 is not an improvement at all, therefor it's over and out with eSword, I switch to theWord.

The problem is that the & tags must be replaced in the module by using SQLiteDatabaseBrowser

And the only Dutch translation with accents is this:

Here is the e-Sword 12 or apple version of "sobere revisie van de StatenVertaling ed.1750" with the accents fixed.

But here is still a problem with the old \cf tags for colors (and the first part of the tag is gone).

http://rhb.altervist...h_sv1750rev.zip

It is Public Domain and not my work.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#33 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 06:03 AM

Just noticed in e-sword 12 under "Download" at the bottom of drop down - Proxy Settings. I have not noticed in previous versions. Can any one tell a relative non-tech what it is use for. how do you use it?

Thanks 

Proxy Settings is basically Internet connection with strange or other servers.

This is for you if your "Internet connection" is very bad or if you live in a country that hates the Bible.

#34 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 10:32 AM

There is a program called Simple Bible Reader that will handle all the required conversions:

https://trumpet-call...e-bible-reader/

#35 Bobs

Bobs

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationPapamoa, New Zealand

Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:42 PM

[Proxy Settings is basically Internet connection with strange or other servers.

This is for you if your "Internet connection" is very bad or if you live in a country that hates the Bible.]

Thanks for that.

#36 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 16 August 2019 - 07:29 PM

Just noticed in e-sword 12 under "Download" at the bottom of drop down - Proxy Settings. I have not noticed in previous versions. Can any one tell a relative non-tech what it is use for. how do you use it?

Thanks 

Hi Bob,

Below is an explanation of what a Proxy is for.

Proxy settings allow an intermediary to come between your web browser and another computer, called a server. A proxy is a computer system or program which acts as a kind of middle-man. ... The proxy server stores data and sends it to your computer without going though the mainserver.

As to how one actually sets a proxy, I have no idea. I just do software, and don't do hardware. If I were to attempt something with doing this kind of stuff, I'ld blow up the computer (just kidding).

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#37 oppie

oppie

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 17 August 2019 - 05:40 AM

There is a program called Simple Bible Reader that will handle all the required conversions:

https://trumpet-call...e-bible-reader/

Yes, I know. But only for plain text and perhaps italics. No support for special characters.

Version 2.9 was a bit better but not working with latest Win.10.

#38 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:52 AM

Yes, I know. But only for plain text and perhaps italics. No support for special characters.

Version 2.9 was a bit better but not working with latest Win.10.

The last version is 3.0 that works with Win 10.

Did you download the Dutch Bible file that I have linked?

#39 LarryG

LarryG

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 12:15 AM

I also continue to have the same problem with: "The file TX27_WND.DLL has not been found. (Code 0x000000c1)."

The ToolTipTool program does -not- use the same DLL. It installs a TX24 subdirectory under its own installation directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT\TX24

Maybe this will help you....

From what I discovered Saturday evening, this file is natively associated with Microsoft NET Framework 3.5.1.  I turned my services off/on and the files appeared, but not in the System 32 folder where it's needed.  Making a copy, I placed a copy in Sys 32 folder but could not register the file.  Hmmm....  Well, I know where the bugger lives and where he needs his new home to be....but, again, I'm stumped.   According to the tech paper I read, NET 3.5.1 comes with Windows 7, which means (I guess) from the factory with this network.   I'm again wondering, WHY.  I bought my computer (HP) new from the factory, but it's acted strange from the very get-go.  Right now I'm still using 11.10, who knows what tomorrow will bring?

#40 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 03:36 AM

I use "Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8" and you can download the set-up exe with the program "Patch My PC updater"  & by plugins & Runtimes

https://patchmypc.co...pdater-download

The .NET file is  C:\PatchPC\PatchMyPCUpdates folder.

Because you have .Net 3.5.1 for the moment can this be a problem for the program.

Patch My PC updater

What Are The System Requirements?

• Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
  • Internet access
  • For Windows XP, you can download a legacy support version that uses Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 here: https://patchmypc.co...gacySupport.exe
    • Note: The legacy version doesn’t receive updates for newer versions of Patch My PC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users