Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT bug: text not read in properly

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 JPG

JPG

Bug Hunter

• Moderators
  • 937 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:43 AM

When I rebuilt Greek New Testament with Variants (interlinear) dictionary GRVi.dcti it displayed in e-Sword showing horizontal box the width of the display. Original module and T4 show a single line.

#22 JPG

JPG

Bug Hunter

• Moderators
  • 937 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 04:10 AM

When building a .cmti module my custom mark of a pipe | is not recognized (worked with Bibles)

Does not appear to read in correctly when I have the pipe mark set in T4. Pipe mark is shown as a box (looks like that is just a display issue in T4, because it did build ok)

Just a side note 3 Joh 1:15 was thrown as an error. I was able to add that to the Verses.T4M and it built ok after I ran the macro and tried again (Is there no way to quickly check all the Marked verses prior to a build.) Maybe someone knows a full list of "extra verses" outside of KJV versification that you could hard code

#23 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 August 2019 - 08:57 AM

When building a .cmti module my custom mark of a pipe | is not recognized (worked with Bibles)

Does not appear to read in correctly when I have the pipe mark set in T4. Pipe mark is shown as a box (looks like that is just a display issue in T4, because it did build ok)

Just a side note 3 Joh 1:15 was thrown as an error. I was able to add that to the Verses.T4M and it built ok after I ran the macro and tried again (Is there no way to quickly check all the Marked verses prior to a build.) Maybe someone knows a full list of "extra verses" outside of KJV versification that you could hard code

If it is showing at "box", ie, "tofu",  it is a font issue.

#24 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 August 2019 - 08:59 AM

Does not appear to read in corb (Is there no way to quickly check all the Marked verses prior to a build.) Maybe someone knows a full list of "extra verses" outside of KJV versification that you could hard code

Verify the verses? SURE - run the Tooltipper routine before the build.

#25 JPG

JPG

Bug Hunter

• Moderators
  • 937 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 09:29 AM

I see that 0830 build has addressed some of these issues. I Will go back through my posts and verify which ones are fixed.

#26 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 August 2019 - 09:34 AM

I have done this with v2019.0829

I see you have 0830 posted

The new code,while in 0829, was not enabled for the end user.

#27 JPG

JPG

Bug Hunter

• Moderators
  • 937 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 09:44 AM

When trying to save a HD Dictionary module, I am presented with the file dialog with the suffix *.dctx

Same goes for HD commentaries

#28 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 August 2019 - 09:52 AM

When trying to save a HD Dictionary module, I am presented with the file dialog with the suffix *.dctx

Same goes for HD commentaries

Do you have Target=PC checked?  If so, then there is your answer.  The extension is not the important thing, the VERSION number is.  If fact, I have been thinking of removing VERSION from the #defines to remove the ambiguity.   Version=4 means HTML.  Version=3 is RTF.   At least that is what my reverse engineering finds.

#29 JPG

JPG

Bug Hunter

• Moderators
  • 937 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:10 AM

ok

Why do we need to save as cmtx when it is html format. Doesn't this confuse...

#30 JPG

JPG

Bug Hunter

• Moderators
  • 937 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:35 AM

ok

Why do we need to save as cmtx when it is html format. Doesn't this confuse...

If I try to read in a html module that has the .dctx extension I can't do it because the file dialog filter is set to *.dcti even with Target PC checked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users