Jump to content

Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT bug: text not read in properly


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 Silverhair

Silverhair

    e-Sword Fanatic

  • Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationCalgary Alberta
Offline

Posted 21 August 2019 - 09:26 AM

Several bibles have the text included but with comments added eg. ISV , LEB, and Net while the NRSV has it included as Rev 12.18.

 

I also found that the Life Application New Testament Commentary refers to Rev 12.18


Edited by Silverhair, 21 August 2019 - 09:32 AM.

I’m willing to compromise about many things, but not the Word of God

 

 

“DISCERNMENT is not simply telling the difference between what is Right and Wrong;

      rather, it is the difference between Right and almost right.”

 


#12 BH.

BH.

    Utility Developer

  • Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Offline

Posted 21 August 2019 - 10:47 AM

Several bibles have the text included but with comments added eg. ISV , LEB, and Net while the NRSV has it included as Rev 12.18.

 

I also found that the Life Application New Testament Commentary refers to Rev 12.18

 

This has already been fixed.



#13 diakonos1984

diakonos1984

    New to Bible Support

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Offline

Posted 28 August 2019 - 06:12 AM

No comments on my OP problem?



#14 diakonos1984

diakonos1984

    New to Bible Support

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Offline

Posted 28 August 2019 - 07:12 AM

The attached zip file contains a small sample .jnlx file in order for others to recreate my problem.

It also contains a pdf of the journal entry printed straight from e-Sword showing the full entry.

It also contains an rft that exported from ToolTip that leaves off the last bullet point and any subsequent text, illustrating my problem.

 

Thanks!

 

Attached File  journal.zip   55.27K   2 downloads



#15 JPG

JPG

    Bug Hunter

  • Moderators
  • 937 posts
Offline

Posted 28 August 2019 - 07:27 AM

Just confirming the issue. Here is e-Sword and T4.

Nothing after the second bullet is loaded into T4.

 

 

 

 Attached File  Journal issue 2019-08-28 143440.jpg   142.73K   5 downloads



#16 BH.

BH.

    Utility Developer

  • Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Offline

Posted 28 August 2019 - 09:38 AM

I've fixed this issue. Simple matter of not removing the escaped single quotes.  Bullet points in RTF are encoded at \'b7, escaped to \''b7, this the last bullet points were "escaping". 

 

This will be fixed in the next iteration of T4. 



#17 BH.

BH.

    Utility Developer

  • Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Offline

Posted 28 August 2019 - 01:46 PM

An unofficial release with the latest code can be downloaded and tested here:

https://my.pcloud.co...NqeuPCquBddm8Gy



#18 JPG

JPG

    Bug Hunter

  • Moderators
  • 937 posts
Offline

Posted 28 August 2019 - 02:34 PM

That worked for me on the test sample.

One thing I noticed is that if you have some data already in T4 there is no request to ok overwrite, it just dumps at the end of what is already in T4



#19 diakonos1984

diakonos1984

    New to Bible Support

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Offline

Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:02 AM

Thank you so much, Brent!  The unofficial release worked great!  Now I have a backup of the last 4 years of journaling!  (740 pages).  Thank you!



#20 BH.

BH.

    Utility Developer

  • Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Offline

Posted 29 August 2019 - 06:58 PM

A new test version has been posted.

 

 

CLICK HERE

 

-- Update - now using TX27 as is e-Sword v12
-- Updated - Writing BBLI files extensively revised - writing will be SLOW, there is only one Writing method now
-- Updated - BBCode generation to work with TX27
-- Fixed - #defines named correctly when reading BBLI file
-- Fixed - Reading Journal Files - RTF was not "de-escaped", added creation of a new document
-- Fixed - Reading Topics in DCTI file is now using UTF-8
-- Changed - Document menu now includes document name, cabinet if any, and tab guid
-- New - Default margins are now in Settings, (top bottom left right)=1 1 .5 .5
-- New - Page Setup menu under File, does not change defaults, that is done is Settings "Page Margins"
-- New - A Vertical Ruler was added
 






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users




Similar Topics



Latest Blogs