Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

KJV+TVM Not Working

Whole Bible

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Georgio

Georgio

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:49 PM

From Georgio325:  The KJV+TVM Bible module is no longer working with the KJV+TVM dictionary module (nor BTSTVM+ either) on e-Sword.  As near as I can tell, it is because somewhere in revision, somebody removed the "H" (for OT passages) and the "G" (for NT passages) before the numbers in the KJV+TVM Bible Module.  Therefore, they no longer sink with the H#### or G#### number's in the KJV+TVM dictionary modules.  The same is true of the Strong's Reference #'s in the Bible module.  Apparently, someone wanted to save space and unclutter the screen, but now I have to manually input the full reference # in Strong's dialog box in the dictionary.  CAN SOMEONE WHO KNOWS MORE THAN ME FIX THIS?  Thanks in advance for your help!

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 04:10 PM

From Georgio325:  The KJV+TVM Bible module is no longer working with the KJV+TVM dictionary module (nor BTSTVM+ either) on e-Sword.  As near as I can tell, it is because somewhere in revision, somebody removed the "H" (for OT passages) and the "G" (for NT passages) before the numbers in the KJV+TVM Bible Module.  Therefore, they no longer sink with the H#### or G#### number's in the KJV+TVM dictionary modules.  The same is true of the Strong's Reference #'s in the Bible module.  Apparently, someone wanted to save space and unclutter the screen, but now I have to manually input the full reference # in Strong's dialog box in the dictionary.  CAN SOMEONE WHO KNOWS MORE THAN ME FIX THIS?  Thanks in advance for your help!

You did not state what version of e-Sword your are using, if your are using version 11 there might be an issue between that version of e-Sword and the format of the KJV+TVM module. e-Sword 11 is designed to work with html formatted modules rather then the older rtf formatted modules. 

I am still using e-Sword 10 and the KJV+TVM module works fine as does the dictionary module

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • LocationThe Land of the Long White Cloud

Posted 25 July 2019 - 07:19 PM

You did not state what version of e-Sword your are using, if your are using version 11 there might be an issue between that version of e-Sword and the format of the KJV+TVM module. e-Sword 11 is designed to work with html formatted modules rather then the older rtf formatted modules. 

I am still using e-Sword 10 and the KJV+TVM module works fine as does the dictionary module

And I'm using e-Sword 11.2, and I have no issues with the resource. So, going by what Mr Higgins seems to be alluding too, you just might be using the incorrect version of e-Sword - something like prior to version 9. So, my recommendation and advice, unstal what you currently are using, and download and install the current version of e-Sword.

Edited by APsit190, 25 July 2019 - 07:21 PM.

#4 Silverhair

Silverhair

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationCalgary Alberta

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:41 PM

If I understand you correctly your saying that all the OT strongs have the "H" removed and the NT strongs have the "G" removed. Do you have the original file that you used to install the KJV+TVM?

I’m willing to compromise about many things, but not the Word of God

“DISCERNMENT is not simply telling the difference between what is Right and Wrong;

rather, it is the difference between Right and almost right.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users