Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

So just what am I doing wrong

10 replies to this topic

#1 chuckfiedler

chuckfiedler

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 11:25 AM

POPULAR

See the attached screen shots. I have tried this now five times, always with the same (non) result.

What am I missing here?Attached File  Converter failure.pdf   185.54K   24 downloads

#2 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 01:27 PM

Just a guess, try hitting F5 to refresh the explorer window.

#3 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:24 PM

See the attached screen shots. I have tried this now five times, always with the same (non) result.

What am I missing here?attachicon.gifConverter failure.pdf

That NIV.bbl module is most likely outdated a revised version of the NIV bible was released in 2011 and the most recent version of NIV module can be downloaded directly through e-Sword's built in downloader  

Edited by Tj Higgins, 12 July 2019 - 02:27 PM.

#4 chuckfiedler

chuckfiedler

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 11:38 PM

Tj Higgins, thank you for your response but I bought the NIV84 when it was the only NIV available as the detestable 2011 version with its inclusive language PC crap had not been published yet.

I have tried desperately to recover that for which I paid and once had, but alas it seems lost forever.

I guess I shall have to move on to the NKJV which is an excellent translation without the modern PC "inclusivity".

Anyway, please look at my original post and it's attachment. My real question is why, after a confirmed conversion, am I unable to find the converted file.

Blessings on your day.

#5 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 12:16 AM

Do you still have a record of the email address and product key with your original purchase?

If so you should be able to recover the product key for the NIV84 from within esword. If you go to the esword downloader and find the NIV84 in the premium Bibles section and click on the blue title, it will present you the window to proceed with the recovery.

Premium modules are not ordinarily able to be converted due to password or compression of the module.

Jon

#6 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 10:07 AM

Tj Higgins, thank you for your response but I bought the NIV84 when it was the only NIV available as the detestable 2011 version with its inclusive language PC crap had not been published yet.

I have tried desperately to recover that for which I paid and once had, but alas it seems lost forever.

I guess I shall have to move on to the NKJV which is an excellent translation without the modern PC "inclusivity".

Anyway, please look at my original post and it's attachment. My real question is why, after a confirmed conversion, am I unable to find the converted file.

Blessings on your day.

As JPG posted above the NIV modules both the 1984 and 2011 version are licensed modules that cannot be altered which I had not thought of at the time of my prior post.

There is an alternative that might work however, and it is called Simple Bible Reader which is a module reader and converter for many different bible software programs.

You can convert between the older e-Sword format bbl and the e-Sword 9-10 format which is bblx with ease. 

Simple Bible Reader can be downloaded from this link:

https://trumpet-call...e-bible-reader/

#7 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 14 July 2019 - 05:59 PM

What am I missing here?attachicon.gifConverter failure.pdf

Blessings on your day.

Seems like that you're trying to convert a password protected locked e-Sword Bible file.

Guess what?! Hate to be the bearer of hard news. Because the file is both copyright, and an official e-Sword Bible file, and that its secured, you can't convert it despite how many times you try.

With that said, when it comes to the 1984 Edition of the NIV, I have extreme doubts that you would be able to get it for e-Sword LT, HT, and X unless that it has fallen off the back of the truck kind of thing.

That said, considering that you've got a 1984 NIV.bblx file, and you want one that works on your iOS and Mac devices, suggest you get a hold of T4, install it on your Windows PC, then run it, and then boot up e-Sword, do some copy and paste into T4, and then export it as a bbli file.

As to how to actually do this all, T4 comes with an excellent User Guide that will take you through the process.

X (formerly Twitter)

#8 chuckfiedler

chuckfiedler

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 07:16 AM

I have searched for T4 which seems to be a thyroid indicator, obviously not what you intend.

Pls advise how I get this T4 you mention.

#9 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 10:02 AM

Chuck,

while not an expert, here is what I think is happening.

1. The NIV module you purchased (1984) is a premium module. It is locked, and unable to be legally altered. The eSword converter will not convert it, nor will the T4 program mentioned above in the thread. I am unaware of any legal method of making any changes to it.

2. The NIV84 has legally been removed from publication by its publishers. As I understand it, it is no longer legally available (except as "used" where you might find it). This might make it impossible for eStudySource to be of any help at all. If you want to get the any version of the NIV84, your only legal option will be to go back to them. Here is the good news: they are easy to work with, and rather friendly, too. If possible, they will provide the update. If not, I think you are out of legal options to obtain it.

Good luck.

Edited by DoctorDaveT, 15 July 2019 - 10:06 AM.

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#10 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 10:22 AM

I have searched for T4 which seems to be a thyroid indicator, obviously not what you intend.

Pls advise how I get this T4 you mention.

What you need to download is either e-Sword Tooltip NT aka T4 which the official module creation tool for e-Sword or as I mentioned in a prior post you should try a program called Simple Bible Reader. Simple Bible is a converter that converts bible modules for use in many different bible software programs including e-Sword, MySword, The Word and others. 

Tooltip NT can be downloaded from right here on bible support:

http://www.biblesupp...ooltip-tool-nt/

Before starting with e-Sword Tooltip give Simple Bible Reader a try as it should be able to open the NIV bbl format module and then export it as a bblx format module.

Here is the link to download Simple Bible Reader:

https://trumpet-call...e-bible-reader/

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users