Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Is there a way to convert older modules to the new E-Sword?

2 replies to this topic

#1 BillHiflow

BillHiflow

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 01:29 PM

Just wondering - my computer crashed and I had to download the latest E-Sword. Now, my JL Dagg and John Gill reference works won't open in E-Sword.

Can these be converted easily?

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 04:04 PM

Just wondering - my computer crashed and I had to download the latest E-Sword. Now, my JL Dagg and John Gill reference works won't open in E-Sword.

They can be converted it just depends on which old version of e-Sword you were using before the computer crashed if you were using version 9 or 10 you can use the e-Sword Windows to Apple/Mac converter to convert them to the format that works best in e-Sword 11. 

The Windows to Apple/Mac format convert can be downloaded from this link:

https://www.e-sword.net/extras.html

The converter is at the bottom of the extras page

If your version of e-Sword was older than version 9 say e-Sword 8 you might need first to convert them to the version 9/10 format then convert again to the version 11 format 

To do the conversion from e-Sword 8 to e-Sword 9/10 format there is a converter available here on Biblesupport:

http://www.biblesupp...rd-9-converter/

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts
  • LocationThe Land of the Long White Cloud

Posted 27 June 2019 - 06:35 PM

Below is a video which answers your query.

What is shared in this video only applies to both Topic and Study Notes used in old versions of e-Sword prior to version 9 and above. This would include Topic Note resources by JL Dagg, and John Gill resources.

That said, when it comes to Commentary (cmt) resources by Dagg and/or Gill, you will need to have the converter for them.

Trust you will find this helpful.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 27 June 2019 - 06:36 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users