Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Lectionary

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 drewdarnell

drewdarnell

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 23 April 2019 - 02:38 PM

Hello All - I am in the process of moving to E-Sword. Unfortunately, the only computer I have right now is a work computer (non-church) and will be picking up a new laptop very soon. I have been doing research on bible study software for awhile and people have been pointing me toward Logos. I am not able, nor willing, to invest that kind of money when I see that the vast majority of what I want to use is either in modules that I have found here or in a few cases for purchase. 

In planning out how I can best use E-Sword, the thought occurred to me to see if I could find a module that has the 1928 Book of Common Prayer lectionary. I was not able to find it so would probably need to create it. Essentially, it would be great to have the Sunday Lectionary where I can click on each Sunday in the Church Calendar and then be able to see all of the resources for each text. 

Is that even a feasible idea? If so, this could be revolutionary for me and my sermon prep and would really be helpful to not only me but others that I would point to this as a tool. 

Sorry if this is too much of a newbie post but I thought I would post so that I can go ahead and be planning in advance to my being able to get the new laptop.

Thanks for all that you guys do!

Blessings,
Drew+

Father Drew Darnell

Rector, Blue Ridge Anglican Mission

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:59 AM

Hi Drew,

I don't think e-Sword has a true lectionary format. But various lectionary modules have been created as either Devotionals (organized by date) or Reference Library modules (organized by chapter/topic).

It might make sense to organize the 1928 Book of Common Prayer by date, when possible, and put the contents into a Devotional module. That's easily doable. The text for the 1928 Book is freely available online. We have e-Sword authoring tools like ToolTip NT.

Josh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users