Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Renaming a Bible

2 replies to this topic

#1 DKHagans

DKHagans

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:25 AM

I am sorry if this is covered already, I looked but did not find anything.

I have gotten peculiar as I have gotten old and want things a certain way.

in E-sword in the Bibles some are capitalized and some not, I went through the E-sword directory and renamed all of the Bibles that were not properly capitalized, this helped several bibles but a couple refused to capitalize.

cjb and csb refused to show up capitalized.

I think the problem is in the bible module itself, I looked for an E-sword tool to edit bible modules but did not find one, all I want to do is make all of the bibles in E-sword show up capitalized.

is there an editing utility that will let me do that?

Also in the bibles section of E-sword they are not sorting alphabetically, the NIRV comes ahead of the NIV and JSP comes before JPS and the VW is down in the B's 

and some others are the same, 

maybe I am being too picky, but it bugs me that that it is not all alphabetized in sequence and capitalized.

Thank you.

Edited by DKHagans, 20 March 2019 - 09:52 AM.

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 10:17 AM

I am sorry if this is covered already, I looked but did not find anything.

I have gotten peculiar as I have gotten old and want things a certain way.

in E-sword in the Bibles some are capitalized and some not, I went through the E-sword directory and renamed all of the Bibles that were not properly capitalized, this helped several bibles but a couple refused to capitalize.

cjb and csb refused to show up capitalized.

I think the problem is in the bible module itself, I looked for an E-sword tool to edit bible modules but did not find one, all I want to do is make all of the bibles in E-sword show up capitalized.

is there an editing utility that will let me do that?

Also in the bibles section of E-sword they are not sorting alphabetically, the NIRV comes ahead of the NIV and JSP comes before JPS and the VW is down in the B's 

and some others are the same, 

maybe I am being too picky, but it bugs me that that it is not all alphabetized in sequence and capitalized.

Thank you.

The tabs used in the e-Sword bible window can be renamed using the e-Sword Tab Renamer Tool you can download this tool at this link:

http://www.biblesupp...rd-tab-renamer/

The alphabetical order of the modules depends on how the bible modules are named in your e-Sword folder on your computer. In the case of the NIV and NIRV windows alphabetized them based on the third letter with R coming before V in the alphabet. I am not sure what is causing your other issues.

If you want to get in to more detailed module editing there is the module creation tool called e-Sword Tooltip 

Edited by Tj Higgins, 20 March 2019 - 10:19 AM.

#3 DKHagans

DKHagans

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 12:01 PM

Thank you so much, the two bibles I wanted capitalized are now capitalized.

I had tried E-sword Bible dumper, E-Sword Module installer, and E-Sword tool tip nt.

and you are absolutely right NIR does come before NIV I do not know what I was thinking there!

the only one not right is VW-Edition it is in B section of Bibles I tried the tab renamer but it is correct in its name, there is nothing there but VW-Edition.

weird.

found it, it was listed in the E-sword Directory as Bible VW-Edition.

so that is now fixed.

Edited by DKHagans, 20 March 2019 - 12:12 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users