Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Will updating an existing e-Sword overwrite all I currently have?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Cherps

Cherps

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 04:43 PM

I've been an e-Sword user for many years, but since a previous update wiped out all my notes, and previous established library, I have been reluctant to update again.

Is this a continuing issue with updating to newer versions?

#2 Cherps

Cherps

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 04:49 PM

Currently I am running e-Sword 11.0.5...and have many saved notes and bibles, ..the whole gammut.  I'd hate to lose what I have and have to start over.

Plus, I'd like to get the Concordant Literal Translation bible.  Is it available in the new version of e-Sword?

#3 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:09 PM

Currently I am running e-Sword 11.0.5...and have many saved notes and bibles, ..the whole gammut.  I'd hate to lose what I have and have to start over.

Plus, I'd like to get the Concordant Literal Translation bible.  Is it available in the new version of e-Sword?

Make backup copies of everything modules and notes and than reinstall them in the new version of E-Sword when you or if you update it. The new versions of e-Sword still run the older format modules

#4 Cherps

Cherps

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:11 PM

Thanks for the tip Tj Higgins.  Now to figure out how to do just that. :wacko: :huh:

Is the newer version worth going through all the work?

#5 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:58 AM

Thanks for the tip Tj Higgins.  Now to figure out how to do just that. :wacko: :huh:

Is the newer version worth going through all the work?

To back everything up just copy and paste all of your modules and note to a flash drive.

If you are already running e-Sword 11.05 there won't be much difference with the latest update which is 11.2

#6 Cherps

Cherps

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:41 PM

Thank you again Tj Higgins.

I'm thinking I'll leave things alone for now.  You've been a great help...THANKS!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users