Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Any way to move my windows resources to my new mac?

6 replies to this topic

#1 expo

expo

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:59 PM

I have been using e-sword for a very long time and have lots of bibles, commentaries, and dictionaries, etc. Historically, when I get a new computer I just copy all the files to the new computer. 

I just got my first macbook and was wondering how I can move all my resources to my mac, or if that is even possible.

Thanks

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:13 PM

I have been using e-sword for a very long time and have lots of bibles, commentaries, and dictionaries, etc. Historically, when I get a new computer I just copy all the files to the new computer. 

I just got my first macbook and was wondering how I can move all my resources to my mac, or if that is even possible.

Thanks

Just use a pendrive and you should be fine. And if that doesn't work, use the cloud, and then you should be fine. Better still toss the pendrive idea, and just use the cloud. 

That said, ensure that the resources you have are compatible to be run with e-Sword X. If not, then you will have to convert them.

That about it for all you will need to do.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 11 February 2019 - 05:17 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#3 expo

expo

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:24 PM

I don't want to sound ignorant but I don't even know where to put the files on the mac.

I found where the files go but also found you cant use the bblx or cmtx etc files on macs.

Also, how will I know if I need to convert anything? Clearly everything has to be converted. 

Is there a link you could share on how to convert these files? All my friends with Macs use Logos or accordance but I would really rather not repurchase my whole library.

Thanks.

Edited by expo, 12 February 2019 - 01:47 PM.

#4 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:55 PM

I don't want to sound ignorant but I don't even know where to put the files on the mac.

I found where the files go but also found you cant use the bblx or cmtx etc files on macs.

Also, how will I know if I need to convert anything? Clearly everything has to be converted. 

Is there a link you could share on how to convert these files? All my friends with Macs use Logos or accordance but I would really rather not repurchase my whole library.

Thanks.

There is a converter that can be download at https://www.e-sword.net/extras.html The converter is at the bottom of the page 

#5 expo

expo

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:19 PM

There is a converter that can be download at https://www.e-sword.net/extras.html The converter is at the bottom of the page 

Thanks for the help, almost every single file I try to convert gives the error, "unable to open locked content!"

I see it is password protected by the owner of the software.

Oh well.  Thanks anyway.  I think if I am going to invest in new software it will be something that is natively cross platform.

Its a shame because esword is the easiest to copy verses into my word doc. I know that is small but it is my favorite feature.

#6 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:01 PM

Ok, Several questions.

1) What version of eSword were you using in Windows?  10.x? 11.x? ...or a different older version.

2) Which modules/resources,  specifically were you trying to convert when you got the error?

- Any module downloaded / installed from within the eSword program should be available to be downloaded to your Mac eSword version (from within the program. use the download menu).

If it is a commercial module you will be asked to provide the eMail address you used when you purchased the resource AND you will have to provide the unlock code provided to you when you purchased the file.

- If you purchased from some else other than eStudySource you should be able to contact them to see if they can provide you with updated files. (The Amplified Bible I purchased was not through eStudySource but from Lockman directly. But the download link in the eSword program was still able to retrieve the file for me.

#7 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:05 PM

Thanks for the help, almost every single file I try to convert gives the error, "unable to open locked content!"

I see it is password protected by the owner of the software.

Oh well.  Thanks anyway.  I think if I am going to invest in new software it will be something that is natively cross platform.

Its a shame because esword is the easiest to copy verses into my word doc. I know that is small but it is my favorite feature.

Before I begin, whatever you do, don't do this... Panic, and throw the baby out with the bathwater.

OK, here is what you can do.

1. e-Sword X has the similar download manager that e-Sword  for PC has. You can use that to download all the official free resources for it

2. With regard to the premium resources, go to eStudy website, and there you can re-download the ones you bought but make sure that you download those those which are compatible for e-Sword X (HT & LT)

3. Then finally, all the ones you have which you created, and those you have downloaded from here, there you use the converter.

Trust you find this helpful

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users