Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Database2RTF

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:31 PM

Hi all,

This tool is very very very useful. :D

1. If you want to Tool Tip a module (that T3 can not) this will. All you have to do is convert the module to RTF using this Tool. Open Tool Tip Tool - open the file and press e-Sword Tool Tips. Then convert the module and again. This is good for cmtx and dictx.

2. Have you ever want to make a commentary from your Study notx? With this tool you can. The process is the same as #1. Once you get it into T3 and Tool Tip it, all you have to do is the heading

#define description=My Study Note commentary
#define Abbreviation =MSNC
#define comments=My Study Notes as Commentary
#define version=1

3. You can enhance (make the module better) example the
MacLaren's Commentary (Expositions Of Holy Scripture) - UPDATED

There are many more benefits for using this Tool.

thanks
Patchworkid
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:22 PM

Hey Niobi,

Glad your enjoying it! If your in the module making business, it's a must have.

#3 Adam Olive

Adam Olive

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 10:08 PM

Is there an update to this tool or another utility that can convert .refx to .rtf ?

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 20 December 2015 - 01:33 PM

Is there an update to this tool or another utility that can convert .refx to .rtf ?

Hi Adam,

I'm sorry, but no as the refx SQLite Database files are secured. However, there is a workaround for that, and that is to have an equivalent third party Topic Note file, of which this can be exported to an rtf file.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#5 ichbindasauge

ichbindasauge

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:28 AM

Is there any way I can have the resulting commentary file sorted like a printed commentary:

Book 1 Commentary

Chapter 1 Commentary

Verse commentaries

Chapter 2 Commentary

Book 2 Commentary

instead of first all books, then all chapters, then all verse commentaries. Any way to do that by editing the databasesdata.xml?

Thanks!

#6 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:15 PM

Is there any way I can have the resulting commentary file sorted like a printed commentary:

Book 1 Commentary

Chapter 1 Commentary

Verse commentaries

Chapter 2 Commentary

Book 2 Commentary

instead of first all books, then all chapters, then all verse commentaries. Any way to do that by editing the databasesdata.xml?

Thanks!

With respect to the format and layout of your commentary, I doubt that you can, certainly not as a commentary (cmtx) file. However as either a Topic Note (topx) and/or a Reference Library (refx) file I think you can.

In regard to doing that with an xml file, I can't help you there, as that is somewhat outside of my scope.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#7 ichbindasauge

ichbindasauge

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 09:47 AM

Not sure if we understand each other correctly here. I was talking about the rtf output from Database2RTF. It is always sorted this way: first all book commentaries, then all chapter commentaries and then all verse based commentaries. Is there any way to bring the content into the right order?

#8 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 16 January 2016 - 04:10 PM

hi ichbindasauge,

Have you tried using Tool Tip Tool NT aka T4 found here

http://www.biblesupp...ooltip-tool-nt/

With this tool, you can open non-encrypted modules (public domain) modules.  It might give you the order you want it to be. But if it comes out the same way, then it is from the creator of the module.  It is the way the person wrote it out.

Give it a go, try it out.

thanks

Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#9 ichbindasauge

ichbindasauge

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 11:37 PM

Thanks, I had tried that already. Tooltip also keeps all the book comments first and then all chapter and all verse comments. I guess I need a fancy Word macro to bring everything into the right order. I'll work on that. :)

#10 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 02:18 PM

Not sure if we understand each other correctly here. I was talking about the rtf output from Database2RTF. It is always sorted this way: first all book commentaries, then all chapter commentaries and then all verse based commentaries. Is there any way to bring the content into the right order?

hi ichbindasauge,

Have you tried using Tool Tip Tool NT aka T4 found here

http://www.biblesupp...ooltip-tool-nt/

With this tool, you can open non-encrypted modules (public domain) modules.  It might give you the order you want it to be. But if it comes out the same way, then it is from the creator of the module.  It is the way the person wrote it out.

Give it a go, try it out.

thanks

Thanks, I had tried that already. Tooltip also keeps all the book comments first and then all chapter and all verse comments. I guess I need a fancy Word macro to bring everything into the right order. I'll work on that. :)

I've read both your responses, and I'm in a bit of a quandary as to what you are actually looking for. So, I'm going to ask you a couple or more (or maybe less) questions, as to exactly what you want to out put with this resource, and hopefully we are able to be on the same page of understanding each other.

1. Is the resource you want to create to be a commentary (cmtx) file or a Topic Note (topx) file, or a Reference Library (refx) file?
  2. When, in your original post, you asked, "Is there any way I can have the resulting commentary file sorted like a printed commentary," Does this refer to:
    • ​​​​​​The volumes, e.g., Volume 1, Volume 2, and etc of a set in the commentary, or
    • Refer to the layout of the Table of Contents in the Printed (Hardcopy) edition of the Commentary, or
    • Does this refer to the appearance (format and layout of the contents (text) in the commentary?​​

Maybe, if you could put up a photo or an image of the hardcopy (printed) edition of the resource, then we just might be able to help you out a lot more.

My feeling is that its the layout of the content in the printed edition that you are looking at more than anything else, and if that is the actual case, then that is quite easy to replicate in e-Sword. However, it's the file type that is where it will make it either possible to do or impossible to do.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 17 January 2016 - 02:31 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users