Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Topic Notes in The Reference section: what were they named?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Starkman

Starkman

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 13 January 2019 - 02:44 PM

Greetings all,

The Manual states that version 9 (and earlier) of e-Sword had kept the Topic Notes file(s) in the main e-Sword folder. I'm curious: what was the name of the personal working Topic Notes file and of the main Editor's default file? I mean, they couldn't be named the same, obviously.

I ask because in my version 11 e-Sword I have a file named Topic.topx in both \user\My Documents\e-Sword and in \Programs (x86)\e-Sword. As I understand it, the one in My Documents is my personal working file when in the Editor, and the one in the Programs file is the main Editor file.

So, just so I know if I come across this in any old posts or what have you (here on the board), what was the name given to the personal Topic Notes file back when? 

Thanks much.

There's one, and only one, reason to serve God: because He's God.

#2 dogfish

dogfish

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 13 January 2019 - 03:26 PM

Strange...  I'm not familiar with the older version, but on a clean install I don't have any user files in my program folder.

If you think that there's something worth keeping I would rename the one in the program folder to something else like 'topic_old.topx' then move it to your documents folder with the others. You can have multiple files there as long as they don't have the same name. Then you should be able to select and open which ever one you like.

#3 Starkman

Starkman

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 03:58 PM

Hmm. Actually, in my Documents folder, there are six files, four of which are identical in name to what's in the Program(38x) folder:

topic.topx, study.notx, markup.ovlx and journal. jnlx.

The two that are not in the main program folder are common.anlx and testing.lstx.

So, I gather that there must be the Editor's main files in the Program folder for the topics, journal and study notes; the ones in the Documents folder are personal.

Hence, I'm not sure if copying any files to the Documents folder from the Program folder will make a difference; if nothing personal is being saved in the Program folder, then it wouldn't make a difference. 

Not sure at this point.

#4 dogfish

dogfish

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 13 January 2019 - 04:46 PM

On digging a bit deeper: if you click on 'Options' then 'Resource...' you should be able to see where the program is looking for data files. Theses settings are changeable. Don't know if that helps.

#5 Starkman

Starkman

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:00 PM

Oh, I knew that, yeah.

Anyway, it was just a curiosity.

Thanks much.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users