Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Text Colors Option

9 replies to this topic

#1 only2goats

only2goats

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAurora, IN

Posted 15 December 2018 - 04:21 PM

I'm using version 11.2.2 and I've noticed that the "Text Colors" option - "Options, Text Colors" -  has changed and only allows changes to the background and pop-up text.  Older versions allow additional options such as "Active Verse" "Red Letter", etc.  I discovered this because my red letter text is a rather faint purple instead of red.  Are all 11..2.2 versions like this or do I have a corrupted installation?  Page 34 of the User's Guide shows the dialog box I was expecting to see. I'd appreciate any comments on this.

Steve

#2 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 04:24 PM

Same for all 11.2.2 versions.

Also there are not all the different fonts to set either.

#3 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 04:48 PM

I'm using version 11.2.2 and I've noticed that the "Text Colors" option - "Options, Text Colors" -  has changed and only allows changes to the background and pop-up text.  Older versions allow additional options such as "Active Verse" "Red Letter", etc.  I discovered this because my red letter text is a rather faint purple instead of red.  Are all 11..2.2 versions like this or do I have a corrupted installation?  Page 34 of the User's Guide shows the dialog box I was expecting to see. I'd appreciate any comments on this.

Steve

The e-Sword User's Guide is for version 10.4 and earlier, the text color options were eliminated starting with version 11.

#4 only2goats

only2goats

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAurora, IN

Posted 16 December 2018 - 05:29 PM

Thank you for the response.  I'm sure there was a good reason for this change, but the "red text" color I'm left with is definitely not very red. :)

Attached File  text colors.JPG   50.53K   21 downloads

#5 Pilgrim

Pilgrim

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN USA

Posted 29 December 2018 - 02:50 AM

My red-letters look pink. I need to do something with this.

I use a light blue background and this is just way too effeminate for me! It makes me feel like I'm in a baby nursery. Ok, for a few seconds but then it becomes distracting.

My tired eyes are strained by the very pale pink color to the degree I can feel the stress very quickly.

Please help me find a way to change this!

I use PDF-xChange which has a nice red background which would be nice to have.

The color settings are:

Hue - 0    Red - 140

Sat - 240 Green - 0

Lum - 66  Blue - 0

eSword 11.2.2 on Windows 10

All other programs appear normal.

Attached File  Capture.PNG   432.14K   23 downloads

Edited by Pilgrim, 29 December 2018 - 03:01 AM.

#6 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 03:15 AM

I suggest you take the issue up with Rick Meyers https://www.e-sword.net/feedback.html

#7 AnnettePK

AnnettePK

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2021 - 05:13 PM

Has anyone found a way to fix the blurry font and weird colors of e-sword in Windows 10?  I'm having this problem with a new Windows 10 laptop.  Previously used Windows 7 and use e-sword extensively.

Thank you.

#8 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 30 October 2021 - 08:09 PM

Has anyone found a way to fix the blurry font and weird colors of e-sword in Windows 10?  I'm having this problem with a new Windows 10 laptop.  Previously used Windows 7 and use e-sword extensively.

Thank you.

You can change the font for e-Sword by clicking Options from the menu across the top of e-Sword and then clicking Fonts from the Options menu. Below Fonts in the option there is option labeled text colors this will allow you to set the colors of text in e-Sword

#9 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 01 November 2021 - 04:18 PM

Thank you.

This sounds like your issue could possibly be related to your display (monitor) settings or your Graphics Card settings. Moreover, if this is happening in e-Sword, it could also be happening in other text based apps, such as in MS Word or similar. So it might be worth your while to see if this is happening with your other software.

Blessings,

Stephen (Php 1:21).

X (formerly Twitter)

#10 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 12:27 AM

From what I recall, this can be an issue with a high dpi monitor and certain apps like e-Sword that do not scale fonts correctly. Note this info from a search in Google.

Fix Blurry Windows 10 Fonts

There is a workaround that you can use to use. Right-click on the shortcut of the app you're having an issue with and then Properties. Then select the Compatibility tab and enable Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. A restart will be required to finish the process.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users