Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

About the TDNT

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 13 December 2018 - 09:05 PM

To all and sundry and etc,

Due to the fact that over the years there has been quite a bit of discussion about the TDNT (and you could also include the TWOT), and the requests for it to be made available as a resource for e-Sword, I thought I would do something that was quite a nerve wracking experience.

I emailed the publisher. Totally unreal. I have to admit that this was quite a scary thing to do, but one the less I did it. So without further ado, here is the incriminating evidence:

To whom this may be directed to

Dear Sir/Madam,
This is a request for the TDNT unabridged edition to be made available for e-Sword. This request is not merely a result of  my own wishes, or because I'm a huge supporter and user of e-Sword despite that being a fact, but rather it comes more so as a result of the number of requests made on the e-Sword Users' support website, BibleSupport.com

This request and inquiry is not an official request, and I do not represent e-Sword in any official or unofficial capacity, but rather that as a user of the product and a supporter of it.

e-Sword is perhaps the most popular free Bible Study software in the world. This is, by no means, an exaggerated claim, as it can be measured by the number of users and members of BibleSupport.com, of which it has a membership of 207,760 e-Sword users. Of what the actual numbers of e-Sword users there are internationally, one could estimate it as perhaps over 1 million plus.

With that said, e-Sword is a serious Bible study tool, which has perhaps the largest repository of free resources, of which the overwhelming majority of them have been created by members of BibleSupport.com.

Some of the free titles that users enjoy are:
  • Study Notes on the Holy Scriptures
  • College Press Bible Study Textbook
  • Cambridge Greek Testament for Schools and Colleges

Just to name a mere few.

Of the premium resources e-Sword users have access to are:
  • New International Commentary of the Old Testament
  • New International Commentary of the New Testament
  • Believers Bible Commentary
  • Bible Knowledge Commentary
Just to name a mere few.

So, as you can see, just by a few samples of titles of what is available for e-Sword, makes this program a very serious study tool for  Bible College, University, and Seminary students. But also for Pastors and Academics, of which there a quite number of them using the program. Therefore, to have the  unabridged edition of the TDNT as part of the e-Sword library would be regarded as a huge and prestigious honor.

Thank you for your time, and await your reply.

Respectfully yours,

Stephen Jovanovic.

Now, I hope for a reply, and  will post up here when I get if.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#2 LarryG

LarryG

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 04:37 AM

Good job, well done!  Now to pray and wait!

#3 gad4

gad4

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:20 PM

i do not link download sites to publisher correspondence.

Edited by gad4, 31 December 2018 - 06:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users