One of the beaut things about e-Sword is the ability to give it to others, and one of the things about giving it to others is the fact that its free. But when it does come to to giving it to others, it has to be something like giving a gift, or giving something that is special, and so the way it is to be presented, I believe is important.
So when you give e-Sword to others, what do you do? Do you...
- Burn a DVD and with a felt tip pen write "e-Sword" on it?
- Or do you print a label to put on the DVD, or "print" it using a LightScribe capable DVD/CD Disk Drive.?
If you do the first one, that has to be really terrible, cheap and nasty, and should be better.
But if you do the second one, then you are top of the class, and get an A+++ grade.
Now, as many of you know, there is a fantastic little program called ESM, which is an installer menu program to install e-Sword and a heap of other stuff. Use that program will also lift up the presentation of the DVD. Printing a label or lightscribing the DVD will just make things look really great. And just to see how cool a DVD look after an image has been lightscribed onto it, see a screenshot of it below. Its what I do.
- A reasonably decent image editor that has some ability to add some text to it, to curve text, and to insert and image on top of another image
- A lot of patients so you don't pull your hair out when something goes wrong, or you stuff something up.
- Either a printer that is capable of printing a CD/DVD, or printing stick on labels .
- Or a CD/DVD RW drive which is LightScribe capable.
- Software, such as AShampoo or similar, and LightScribe Control Panel, and LightScribe drivers.
- Special CDs or DVDs that are LightScribe printable.
- Or Printable CDs or DVDs that can be printed on by a printer.
Trust that his information is helpful to anyone that really wants to get into giving e-Sword as a gift to others.
Edited by APsit190, 22 November 2018 - 07:53 PM.