Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Problems with e-Sword version 11.2.2

53 replies to this topic

#11 LarryG

LarryG

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 07:07 AM

Yes, I've the same issue on a Win7 desktop machine. 

#12 teacher9850

teacher9850

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:35 AM

I have backed up versions of 11.1 and 11.2.1 if someone wants me to e-mail them with attachment.

Please help. I'm really stuck without working copy of E-sword and desperately need it.

thanks in advance. voak@rambler.ru

Edited by teacher9850, 20 November 2018 - 10:36 AM.

#13 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 20 November 2018 - 11:19 AM

Ok, just installed version 11.22, and had no issues with it when I booted it up (ran it).

Theory only... I think that if one had installed 11.21, then 11.22 (like that's what I did) don't seem to have the problem. But if one installed installed 11.22 over a much older version, such as 10x or 11.10, then that is perhaps where the problem may lie.

But like I said, this is a theory, and could be totally up the proverbial creek without a paddle in a canoe full of holes sinking fast going glug, glug, glug. In other words, I could be wrong. 

Oh yeah, I just remembered. About a couple of day ago I updated my copy of Visual Studio, of which it came with the latest sdk update of Windows 10. Now, I don't know if this might have something to do with I didn't experience any issues with e-Sword.

By the way, I'm running Windows 10 Pro.

Edited by APsit190, 20 November 2018 - 11:35 AM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#14 Son seeker

Son seeker

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 11:54 AM

I installed version 11.2.1 a few days ago, then 11.2.2 today - same error message and e-Sword doesn't start.

I've also tried re-downloading and reinstalling e-Sword; same problem. The only thing that helped me was doing a system restore back to version 11.2.1 (since I didn't keep the downloaded installation file).

In the meantime I've installed 11.2.2 on three PCs and had the same problem on two, on the third e-Sword ran normally. I can't discern any difference between them that could explain this behavior.

Rick responded quickly to my initial problem report (thanks Rick!). It seems to be a compatibility issue with the text control e-Sword uses from another vendor. They're working on it, so hopefully those of us affected will have a solution soon.

Edited by Son seeker, 20 November 2018 - 12:11 PM.

#15 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 11:58 AM

I am the same as you Stephen. Works ok on my PC that has Visual Studio on it, but the other two installs on a VM and another PC have the file not found issue.

Rick had this to say in reply to me

Jon,

The problem seems to be a missing requirement on your VM as the TX26_WND.DLL file is actually on the PC.

Please install the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 for x86 on the affected machine and reboot it.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Let me know if that solves the issue.

Well it did not solve the issue

#16 Son seeker

Son seeker

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 12:04 PM

Reinstalling the Visual C++ Packages did not solve the problem for me either.

#17 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 02:13 PM

I tracked it down to the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013

vcredist_x86.exe is needed. I might have previously downloaded the ..._x64.exe

[edit] Looks like there is another package needed as well. Will try to track it down.

Edited by JPG, 20 November 2018 - 02:29 PM.

#18 Son seeker

Son seeker

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 02:27 PM

I have "vcredist_86.exe" installed (and ". . . _x64.exe") and still the problem persists . . .

#19 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 20 November 2018 - 02:28 PM

Reinstalling the Visual C++ Packages did not solve the problem for me either.

Try this:

In Windows setting, Click on Update & Security button. When in Windows Update page, click on the Check for updates button to see if your Windows is up to date. If its up to date, then you will know that the issue you have is not Windows related. That said, if you have notifications come up for update(s), then click on the updates to download an auto install. Once installed reboot your computer and try running e-Sword again. Now, this is not a guarantee that this will work, but my suspicion is that it may.

I received this particular Windows update because in this instance it was part and parcel of a Visual Studio (a programming IDE) update. However, you don't need to have Visual Studio for this particular update. That said, I have Windows 10 Pro, and this Windows update deals with specific updates related to Visual Studio for the ability of testing software for other platforms, e.g., Android and iOS. Also for a few other tweaks and software development as well.  Below is the full details of the update.

NOVEMBER 19, 2018 10:01 AM
Updated version of Windows 10 SDK now available with Visual Studio 15.9.1
By Kevin Gallo / Corporate Vice President, Windows Developer Platform
At Build 2018, I had the privilege of sharing with you some of the advancements for Microsoft 365 that centered on multi-sense and multi-device experiences. Today, developers can get the latest Windows 10 SDK and start using some of these amazing platform capabilities.

What’s in this update:

• Windows UI Library (WinUI) allows you take advantage of the latest Fluent controls and styles for Windows 10 apps without having to wait for all your customers to update to the latest OS version. The WinUI nuget package is backward-compatible, down to Windows 10 version 1607 (Anniversary Update) and includes the same powerful, supported controls that Windows uses in its apps and experiences.
  • UWP XAML hosting API (Preview) allows ‘islands’ of UWP XAML UI elements to be hosted in applications built using non-UWP technologies such as Windows Forms, WPF, or C/C++ Win32, eliminating the need to re-write or re-package your application for UWP. We’ve created a set of WPF and WinForms wrappers for common UI elements that developers can use to save time.
  • Adaptive Cards 1.1 boosts feature additions such as Media Element and Action Icons and building cards easier with the new visual designer. Adaptive Cards is available in Outlook as Actionable Messages, in Cortana with Skills, and Teams through Azure Bot Service.
  • Graph Notifications (Preview) offers an enterprise-compliant, people-centric, and cross-platform notifications platform using Microsoft Graph. The tech preview supports iOS, Android, Windows, and the Graph Explorer.
  • Project Ink Analysis allows you to write applications that allow users to draw and express themselves and offers the capabilities to understand/recognize and make the ink more productive. This is the same technology we use to power Office today.
  • Hyper-V allows Android developers on Windows to enjoy a fast Android emulator running the latest Android APIs, all on Hyper-V. The minimum requirements to run this are Windows 10 version 1803 on an x86 based machine and Visual Studio v15.8 for IDE support.
  • It’s easier to start using the new Windows Machine Learning API, as it’s the same for both Win32 and UWP applications. New capabilities include: support for ONNX v1.2.2 models, converting FP32 datatypes in ONNX models to use FP16, support for Windows Server 2019, and improved evaluation times on the CPU and GPU.

Edited by APsit190, 20 November 2018 - 02:35 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#20 Bobs

Bobs

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationPapamoa, New Zealand

Posted 20 November 2018 - 03:09 PM

I have ver 11.1 and am quite happy with it. I have always been an early taker of updates of esword, but decided to be a bit slower this time. What does ver 11.2.2 offer over 11.1?

Bob

Edited by Bobs, 20 November 2018 - 03:10 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users