Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

How Do I Prep Text for NT Module Creation?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LuisVega323

LuisVega323

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 12:12 PM

I am creating a NT module and I have the text in Word .rtf but I don't know how to edit or prepare the text to create the module?

I currently have the text as followed:

Matthew Chapter 1

1 The genealogy of....etc

2 Judah begot .... etc

3 etc etc etc

Every chapter starts with the same line and there is a space between each chapter.

Do I have to replace the "1" with "Mat 1:1"?

Do I remove all spaces between chapters?

Do I remove all the first lines of each chapter ("Matthew Chapter 1")?

Can someone please help me? :)

Edited by LuisVega323, 04 October 2018 - 12:26 PM.

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 03:05 PM

I am creating a NT module and I have the text in Word .rtf but I don't know how to edit or prepare the text to create the module?

I currently have the text as followed:

Matthew Chapter 1

1 The genealogy of....etc

2 Judah begot .... etc

3 etc etc etc

Every chapter starts with the same line and there is a space between each chapter.

Do I have to replace the "1" with "Mat 1:1"?

Do I remove all spaces between chapters?

Do I remove all the first lines of each chapter ("Matthew Chapter 1")?

Can someone please help me? :)

You need to download and install E-Sword Tooltip NT from this site it is the tool used for module creation. You need to format all bible verses in this format "Mat 1:1" showing the bible book, chapter and verse in order for for Tooltip NT to properly process create and organize the module. 

Tooltip NT comes with an extensive users manual which can walk you through the all the steps of module creation for all types of E-Modules.

Once you have downloaded and installed tooltip on your computer, start the program. Once the program is up and running, there is a menu across the top of ToolTip, the last option on the right end of the menu is the Help option. Click Help will activate the Help menu and the last item on the Help menu is labeled "ToolTip NT-2.10.pdf" this is the users manual I mentioned above. When you click the manual the Help menu, the manual will open in Adobe Acrobat.

Here is the link to download Tooltip NT:

http://www.biblesupp...ooltip-tool-nt/

#3 LuisVega323

LuisVega323

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 03:30 PM

Thank you for your help! One more question?

What is the easiest way to format every verse of the text in the correct numerical sequence (Book, Chapter, Verse)?

For example: replacing "1 The genealogy..." with "Mat 1:1 The genealogy..." but also every single verse after that with the correct format (Book, Chapter, Verse) 

Or I must do verse by verse manually? Is there a replace command that can help in this editing process?

#4 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 03:58 PM

Thank you for your help! One more question?

What is the easiest way to format every verse of the text in the correct numerical sequence (Book, Chapter, Verse)?

For example: replacing "1 The genealogy..." with "Mat 1:1 The genealogy..." but also every single verse after that with the correct format (Book, Chapter, Verse) 

Or I must do verse by verse manually? Is there a replace command that can help in this editing process?

E-Sword tooltip has a "fill-in" tool to make replacing things like very easy. You also need to make sure that verses are not broken up into multiple paragraphs. Tooltip looks for the "Book, Chapter, Verse" formatting for every paragraph. 

#5 LuisVega323

LuisVega323

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:38 PM

Oh wow that is so awesome! Thank you

Blessings!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users