Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Reference Books (topx) - Ryle, J. C. - How Readest Thou

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Grace

Grace

Liking e-Sword

• Members (T)
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:58 PM

File Name: Ryle, J. C. - How Readest Thou

File Submitter: Grace

File Submitted: 12 Sep 2018

File Category: Reference Books (topx)

Author: J. C. Ryle
e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x

Contents:

I. I ask, first of all, because there is no knowledge absolutely needful to a man's salvation, except a knowledge of the things which are to be found in the Bible.

II. I ask, in the second place, because there is no book in existence written in such a manner as the Bible.

III. I ask, in the third place, because no book in existence contains such important matter as the Bible.

IV. I ask in the fourth place, because no book in existence has produced such wonderful effects on mankind at large as the Bible.

V. I ask in the fifth place, because no book in existence can do so much for every one who reads it rightly, as the Bible.

VI. I ask in the sixth place, because no gift of God to man is so awfully neglected and misused as the Bible.

VII. I ask in the seventh place, because the Bible is the only rule by which all questions of doctrine or of duty can be tried.

VIII. I ask in the next place, because the Bible is His book which all true servants of God have always lived on and loved.

IX. I ask, in the last place, because the Bible is the only book which can comfort a man in the last hours of his life.

X. A Warning To Those Who Chose Not To Read The Bible

XI. Practical Advice For Reading The Bible

Click here to download this file

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users