Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Borders In Topical Notes

6 replies to this topic

#1 Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 08:33 PM

Hi Everyone!

First Time User & Newbie here.  I sent a message via the support page about a week ago on this, didn't hear anything and followed up with an email to Rick yesterday who replied today saying I should come here for help as he's not familiar with the problem and can't help me.  

I like to separate comments in my Topical Notes with an Over or Under Border.  It’s worked fine for me in the past for years now.  A quick scroll thru several topics shows ones in the past still there.  But now, and for a couple of weeks, when I put one in, save it, go to another topic and then come back it’s gone!  I’ve tried shutting down and relaunching but no change. Can anyone help me with what’s wrong and how to fix it?  I just tried it again a few moment ago.  Still not working.  

Btw, I still recommend eSword to everyone I can.  It’s terrific and I couldn’t appreciate it more!

Royce

#2 emilzalez

emilzalez

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 09:03 AM

Hi Everyone!

First Time User & Newbie here.  I sent a message via the support page about a week ago on this, didn't hear anything and followed up with an email to Rick yesterday who replied today saying I should come here for help as he's not familiar with the problem and can't help me.  

I like to separate comments in my Topical Notes with an Over or Under Border.  It’s worked fine for me in the past for years now.  A quick scroll thru several topics shows ones in the past still there.  But now, and for a couple of weeks, when I put one in, save it, go to another topic and then come back it’s gone!  I’ve tried shutting down and relaunching but no change. Can anyone help me with what’s wrong and how to fix it?  I just tried it again a few moment ago.  Still not working.  

Btw, I still recommend eSword to everyone I can.  It’s terrific and I couldn’t appreciate it more!

Royce

Same thing have happened to me, there is problem with  border. Sometimes it works, other time is gone when I come back to the note. I've decided to forget about borders and keep going because it's a waste of time. Good luck and blessings. 

#3 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 10:57 AM

Same issue here.

Get this feedback to Rick.

#4 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 August 2018 - 06:30 PM

I suspect that Rick can do nothing to fix this as it is in the control that he uses to display topic notes and study notes, which is from a company TextControl.com.  There several very nasty bugs in TextControl which I have documented and given to them have they have confirmed.  But fixes from them is very slow, and would need to be included in a new installer for e-Sword. 

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 18 August 2018 - 09:58 PM

I suspect that Rick can do nothing to fix this as it is in the control that he uses to display topic notes and study notes, which is from a company TextControl.com.  There several very nasty bugs in TextControl which I have documented and given to them have they have confirmed.  But fixes from them is very slow, and would need to be included in a new installer for e-Sword. 

Cheers for the info, Brent. At least we now know where the problem lies. Maybe there needs to be a change of company to get the best RTF/Text box control, or either try out an open source one.

Blessings,

Stephen (Php 1:21).

X (formerly Twitter)

#6 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 August 2018 - 12:10 AM

Stephen - TextControl is an excellent product.  But it has its flaws.  And some I suspect cause my Tooltip Tool NT to crash without warning.  it is frustrating, but then I look to Jesus and what He when through and the cares of this life seem minuscule. 

#7 Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 07:35 PM

Well, I don't know what happened but I posted a reply yesterday and don't see it now so will post it again.  I wanna thank everyone for their replies.  I did send Rick an email with a screenshot of Stephen's reply to BH and saying that others have said they've encountered the same problem.  I’ve not been disappointed in anything with eSword thus far.  I’d hate for there to be a first.

That said, I have found a workaround that I thought I'd share.  Just go to Word and create an upper or lower border line then copy and paste into where you want it in the topical note.  Seems to be working for me.

I'm closing this tab now so if anyone ever finds a fix, I don't know if I'll receive a notification to a reply here or not, so please email me at tailfeatherz1@msn.com if one comes about.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users