Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Download tab is greyed out

7 replies to this topic

#1 friscolines

friscolines

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 05:34 AM

Upgraded to verson 11.0 and the download tab is greyed out.  I would like to download a new commentary.

Thanks.

#2 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 06:01 AM

e-Sword thinks that the file is already downloaded. Search the file in the e-Sword folder AND in C:\Users\??\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#3 Bobs

Bobs

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationPapamoa, New Zealand

Posted 06 August 2018 - 11:13 AM

I have had this problem before - restarted E-sword and it fixed problem. Hope this helps

#4 Willem Fourie

Willem Fourie

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 09:30 AM

Check your firewall. I use Eset Internet Security. Set this to "Learning mode". Thereafter the download button was working again.

#5 DKHagans

DKHagans

e-Sword Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 07:01 AM

Hello,

My download tab is greyed out, not just one selection in the downloads area but the tab itself.

I downgraded to E-sword 11.1 because in the latest version one of the resource options was missing, I think it was the resource/compare option, I like being able to hide and/or unhide resources without having to manually add or remove them from the appropriate folders.

I have restarted E-sword twice still greyed out. I don't want to upgrade to a version that has been downgraded with a missing function.

#6 IanLedsham

IanLedsham

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 09:18 AM

i have recently downloaded e-sword for my desktop pc and when i tried to download more bibles for it the list in the download tab is all greyed out. i have disabled all fire walls and antivirus programs and even added e-sword to the list of programs allowed. 

still all greyed out, can anybody help on this matter ?

#7 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 05 May 2020 - 05:35 PM

i have recently downloaded e-sword for my desktop pc and when i tried to download more bibles for it the list in the download tab is all greyed out. i have disabled all fire walls and antivirus programs and even added e-sword to the list of programs allowed. 

still all greyed out, can anybody help on this matter ?

Usually when the Download menu item is greyed out, is because your PC isn't connected to the internet. That's the usual problem, and the fix is simple:

• Check if your Modem-Router is turned on
  • If PC is directly connected via coax, check that connections are not loose or that nothing has popped out.
  • If PC is WiFi connected, by either a WiFi card or a USB WiFi thingy (can't quite remember what its actually called), check that there is nothing loose, and the Modem Router is turned on.

Trust you find this helpful to you.

Blessings,

Stephen (Php 1:21).

X (formerly Twitter)

#8 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:01 AM

http://www.biblesupp...lem/#entry37191

Reply to this topic