Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Viewing new downloads

Modulars

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DavidKelly

DavidKelly

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationLexington, NC 27292

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:53 AM

Over the last few weeks I have downloaded a lot of commentaries, dictionaries, Bibles and topics.
I noticed that some of them are NOT coming up on the various tabs. I went back into C:\ program folder\e-sword and the extensions are all correct.
For instance: Machen, Gresham - Origin of Paul Religion.cmx is in the e-sword file but did not come up in the commentary tab.
Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you

#2 LarryG

LarryG

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:17 AM

For instance: Machen, Gresham - Origin of Paul Religion.cmx is in the e-sword file but did not come up in the commentary tab.

Thank you

Hello. From my copy I see that this is a Topic module and not a commentary module. If you open your 'Editor' pane up within the e-Sword program you will see a tab called Topic Notes. Key on this tab and at the bottom of this pane is a toolbar - just scroll through the toolbar contents and you should find your lost module title.

Try this and see what happens, OK?

#3 DavidKelly

DavidKelly

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationLexington, NC 27292

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:43 AM

There were two files for Machen.  The one with the .cmx extension is 28,290 kb and the topx is 745 kb.

Others that did not show up are:
Wyclife NT notes
Greek Testiment
Geisler, When critics ask
All these had .cmx extensions

Thanks
Kelly

#4 LarryG

LarryG

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:18 AM

I did a search for: Geisler, When critics ask. The database says that it's a Pocket eSword module, which would not be suited for eSword 9x. According to the database, all of.Machen, Gresham modules are either TOPX modules (eSword v9) or TOP modules (eSword v8). I'm not familiar with Pocket eSword since I don't use it.

#5 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:55 AM

Over the last few weeks I have downloaded a lot of commentaries, dictionaries, Bibles and topics.
I noticed that some of them are NOT coming up on the various tabs. I went back into C:\ program folder\e-sword and the extensions are all correct.

Thank you

.cmx is not a valid e-Sword extension. And Machen's Origin of Paul's Religion is a topx file. The self installing exe just copies the topx file to the right folder. The raw .topx is provided for those who don't like the installer. But neither produces a .cmx file. You bolded cmx in your second post, so I'm confident this isn't a typo--it's what your actually seeing. Maybe change the filename to .topx? I can't imagine what would change the file extension as you download. My first thought was this is a MySword resource, but MySword doesn't use cmx file extensions either.

#6 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:11 AM

Josh,
There are at least 2 mysword users whose filenames her changed everytime on downloading. I have no idea what is causing it either, but these two users have to fix the name of every file they download.

#7 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:25 AM

What browser are they using? Maybe that's the common variable...

I suspect the issue with certain MySword downloaders is the "double extension" Mysword uses. Instead of something.xyz it uses something.cmt.mysword. I suspect that some (older?) versions of Windows or Internet Explorer don't like the double extension. But that this theory does not account for the issue David Kelly has, although it may not be the same issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users