Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword 11.10 installed into Linux

12 replies to this topic

#11 dogfish

dogfish

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:11 AM

Update: I  tried this script (running Mint 19.1) and it failed in a few places because it is out of date. One of them is the e-sword file version which obviously has to be changed to1122. Other areas have to do with repository addresses and such which have also changed. The new info is available at winehq.orq, but I don't know enough about scripting to make all the changes and make everything gel. Perhaps if someone does know how to do this and rebuild a script that works it could be posted and tried.

For now I will stick with the dual-boot win/linux setup I have :)

#12 dshimer

dshimer

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 01:16 PM

E-Sword is about the only Windows program I run that is an absolute daily essential.  That said I tend to not mess too much when I get it working correctly.  However last time I did a fresh install on an 18.04 machine I found that E-Sword 11.1 seemed to install and run with the latest Wine and no modifications.  The only thing that didn't work was scripture tool tips in the commentaries.  To me this was a huge loss so I tried the winetricks command and it was totally restored.  Is there anyone really knowledgeable  that would know if every one of those libraries would be necessary to restore the tool tips or if it was one particular library?  Doesn't really matter at this point but I am curious which library he uses to display those.

#13 davejonescue

davejonescue

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:33 PM

Hey guys.  I am running Linux Mint 18 Sylvia.  The below script worked perfect for me.  In Mint, you can even add the Module Installer making adding modules to E-Sword a breeze.  I cant leave the script below, because the post will minimize some of the linked scrip making it error upon installing.  So I have left a link to the page where I found the script instead.  Also, if someone wanted to make a video tutorial, they can use Kazam in Linux with an external mic.  God Bless.

the link to the page I found the script on is https://ubuntuforums...d.php?t=2406061

Edited by davejonescue, 15 April 2019 - 09:36 PM.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users