Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

How do I remove a module

8 replies to this topic

#1 Werwer2018

Werwer2018

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationHamilton ON Canada

Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:27 PM

There are a number of e-sword modules that I don't use and I've notived that when loading my e-sword that it has slowed down considerably so I would like to uninstall them. Can someone please explain to me how I do this. Any help would be appreciated. By the way I have been using e-sword for about six months and it is Fantastic. I just started a Christian Facebook group page and it is super easy to lookup scripture now. I would recommend this to anyone. May god Bless all those involved in this site.

Thanks … Greg

#2 Silverhair

Silverhair

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationCalgary Alberta

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:52 PM

Simple way to remove the file.  You may want to save the files just in case you my wish to reinstall them later.

This is done from inside E-Sword. Go to OPTIONS , RESOURCE, this will open up so you can see all the resources that you have on your system. Right click on the one you wish to remove and you will see the option to delete the file. This will remove the file from your system so as I said you may want to backup the resource just in case.

You will also notice there are chk boxes. If you are not sure if you want to remove the file you can remove the chk mark and when you restart E-Sword that file will not be loaded.

Gal 2:20

I’m willing to compromise about many things, but not the Word of God 

There must be conviction before there can be conversion 

#3 Werwer2018

Werwer2018

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:12 AM

Okay thanks for that, I thought that I had to go into the programs section to take the modules out.

Greg

God Bless

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:36 PM

Simple way to remove the file.  You may want to save the files just in case you my wish to reinstall them later.

This is done from inside E-Sword. Go to OPTIONS , RESOURCE, this will open up so you can see all the resources that you have on your system. Right click on the one you wish to remove and you will see the option to delete the file. This will remove the file from your system so as I said you may want to backup the resource just in case.

You will also notice there are chk boxes. If you are not sure if you want to remove the file you can remove the chk mark and when you restart E-Sword that file will not be loaded.

Just a note on using this method of removing a resource.

When removing an e-Sword resource using this method, it is permanently gone. This means that the resource does not get moved to the recycle bin. So if one happens to have deleted the wrong resource, then one cannot not undelete it.

That said, the other option, which can be regarded as safer, is to delete the resource using Windows File Explorer. By doing it this way the file is "moved" to the recycle bin. This means if the wrong resource has been deleted, then on can restore it.

Another option, which can be regarded as the best and safest method,  is before deleting/removing any resource, to do a complete backup of all your resource files, including the ones you may think you no longer need, and so if one mistakenly deletes one, then it can be restored from the backed up data.

Trust that this will be extremely helpful

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 12 July 2018 - 04:37 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#5 Werwer2018

Werwer2018

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:44 PM

Just a note on using this method of removing a resource.

When removing an e-Sword resource using this method, it is permanently gone. This means that the resource does not get moved to the recycle bin. So if one happens to have deleted the wrong resource, then one cannot not undelete it.

That said, the other option, which can be regarded as safer, is to delete the resource using Windows File Explorer. By doing it this way the file is "moved" to the recycle bin. This means if the wrong resource has been deleted, then on can restore it.

Another option, which can be regarded as the best and safest method,  is before deleting/removing any resource, to do a complete backup of all your resource files, including the ones you may think you no longer need, and so if one mistakenly deletes one, then it can be restored from the backed up data.

Trust that this will be extremely helpful

Blessings,

Thank you very much for the reply. I don't use the modules that I want removed so my best option is to have them removed from the computer itself. That said I already did what " silverhair " suggested. what a blessing e-sword has been for me. Especially now that I have the Facebook Christian page. 

Greg

God Bless

#6 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:47 PM

Thank you very much for the reply. I don't use the modules that I want removed so my best option is to have them removed from the computer itself. That said I already did what " silverhair " suggested. what a blessing e-sword has been for me. Especially now that I have the Facebook Christian page. 

Greg

God Bless

Thanks for your reply.

On many occasions I've seen/read of people who have made (bad) mistakes in where they have lost data permanently and not were able to recover it. This has happened  on numerous occasions, and tends to show me that no one is not impervious or immune to making critical errors, including deleting the "wrong" file. Numerous posts on this site bears testament of "dumb" things people have done, including yours truly. So with that, like many on this site, I've had to learn rapidly to do things the "safe" way.

Having said all of that, one of the most important practices I go on about, is the requirement to do regular backups. This covers all kinds of personal data/files one has on his/her computer, and not just e-Sword. And I find it amazing just how many choose to ignore this most vital practice of the safe keeping of data.

Therefore, my advice (and using that word is really an understatement), is to always to back up all your data, including that which one has created on e-Sword, or has downloaded an e-Sword resource, as one may make that dumb error of deleting that wrong file.

Hate to say this, It can even happen to you!

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#7 Werwer2018

Werwer2018

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:47 PM

Thanks for your reply.

On many occasions I've seen/read of people who have made (bad) mistakes in where they have lost data permanently and not were able to recover it. This has happened  on numerous occasions, and tends to show me that no one is not impervious or immune to making critical errors, including deleting the "wrong" file. Numerous posts on this site bears testament of "dumb" things people have done, including yours truly. So with that, like many on this site, I've had to learn rapidly to do things the "safe" way.

Having said all of that, one of the most important practices I go on about, is the requirement to do regular backups. This covers all kinds of personal data/files one has on his/her computer, and not just e-Sword. And I find it amazing just how many choose to ignore this most vital practice of the safe keeping of data.

Therefore, my advice (and using that word is really an understatement), is to always to back up all your data, including that which one has created on e-Sword, or has downloaded an e-Sword resource, as one may make that dumb error of deleting that wrong file.

Hate to say this, It can even happen to you!

Blessings,

Well I'm in the Dumb group as I've never backed up my computer. Although I've looked into it. I always thought that it was something businesses did until my computer crashed about three months ago and now I'm trying to get all the data back. But I'm still in the dark as to how to do this and what the difference is between backing up your data and a bootable disk. So as of now I have done nothing. I know there are people out there who say how can someone be so stupid. Well it is something that know one has ever mentioned to me.

Thanks  Greg

God Bless

#8 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 03:46 PM

Well I'm in the Dumb group as I've never backed up my computer. Although I've looked into it. I always thought that it was something businesses did until my computer crashed about three months ago and now I'm trying to get all the data back. But I'm still in the dark as to how to do this and what the difference is between backing up your data and a bootable disk. So as of now I have done nothing. I know there are people out there who say how can someone be so stupid. Well it is something that know one has ever mentioned to me.

Thanks  Greg

God Bless

OK here goes.

The difference between a boot disk and a backup disk

1. The Boot Disk is a disk which contains the basic System files for booting (starting) up your computer, and is generally used in:

a. On a brand new system built system which requires initial configuration prior to an operating system is installed

b. In where the hardrive cannot be read where the operating system is. This usually is (in Windows case) the C: drive.

2. The back up disk is where one has backed up one or all of the following

a. The hardrive has been "cloned" onto another drive with the total operating system, and/or all data, and/or other software on that drive.

b. That all data files have been backed up by either using specialized back up software or simply copying data files from one drive to another.

About a couple of months ago I did a video on backups on another topic, but can't remember where where it is. That said, below is the video which demonstrates how one can do a backup by simply copying files from one drive to another.

Now, this part has to be said: Warning! Strong language is used in this video, and and cause offence to those that are thin skinned. That said, no cussing or bad language is used, but language that is strong. If one is easily offended, I seriously suggest you do not watch this video.

Trust this video proves to be helpful to you.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#9 Werwer2018

Werwer2018

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 05:29 AM

Thanks for the information.