Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Member Titles and Positions

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:46 AM

First, let's talk Member Titles and then we'll talk about the Module Superhero opening.

Member Titles
Currently, our website software automatically sets member titles according to your number of posts. Members begin as a "New Member", after 10 posts their title changes to "Member", and after 30 posts their title becomes "Senior Member".

I override member titles for Moderators, Resource Builders, Utility Developers, and for myself. :)

I want your opinion on what member titles should be? And how many posts to reach the titles? One idea I had was "Defender of the Faith" (whatever that means) instead of "Senior Member"? What about "Prayer Warrior", "Disciple", "Servant of All", etc. What titles should we use, what should the hierarchy be, or should we just leave this as it currently is?

The current software setting is after 500 posts, members can change their own title. Should we keep that? Should we lower that number? Should we let anyone change their title after X posts?

Module Superhero Needed
We need a person (or more than one person) to make the e-Sword module library consistent:
  • Remove duplicate entries
  • Double check copyright status
  • Insert an author in the listing if none exists.
  • Copy and paste the Table of Contents and/or preface from the e-Sword module--or-- copy and paste a third party description of the work, such as Amazon.com or Wikipedia.
  • Occasionally review other websites with e-Sword modules to see if module updates have been released.
This would be a long term project, workable at your leisure and free time. There would be no "expectations" on quantity--you're a volunteer and work as little or as much as you prefer, even if it's just a few a week. If more than one person wants to help with this project, that would also be most welcome. I am currently working toward this, but there's only one of me...

And your title could be "Module Master", "Module Superhero", "Module Librarian", or whatever you want. I just put "Module Superhero" to grab attention for this post. :)

Click here to view the articles

#2 billhuff2002

billhuff2002

Module Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts
  • LocationFrederick, MD, USA

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:05 PM

Josh,
I would be willing to do anything I can to help you with this amazing site. My time is somewhat limited as I am a full time student and also work full-time, but I am willing to do as much as I can.

#3 Vaughn

Vaughn

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationKaufman, Texas

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:22 AM

I have always considered my self a swords man, so members could be considered in those aspects. Those that make modules could be smiths, those that teach would be amours, those that collect could be master swordsman, Grand masters and such. Just an idea.
Grace and Peace,
Your fellow Swordsman,
Vaughn R. Jacobs

#4 Ebed Doulos

Ebed Doulos

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:34 PM

I have always considered my self a swords man, so members could be considered in those aspects. Those that make modules could be smiths, those that teach would be amours, those that collect could be master swordsman, Grand masters and such. Just an idea.

I like the concept. It parallels the e-Sword branding and it brings visuals ready to mind.
Posted Image

#5 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:09 PM

Alright, that does sound intriguing. I'll see if I can find a hiearchy of "sword" related titles to use...

#6 God's Beloved

God's Beloved

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:23 PM

If you could find someone to write a small program that would automatically extract the title, author, date, preface and contents from the module and upload it to the module's download page, that would be the best I would think. I bet we have quite a few members that can do the job.

#7 ElizabethR

ElizabethR

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBlue Springs MO

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:42 PM

Module Superhero. I have experience as a proofreader for another internet site.

#8 Zander

Zander

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:38 AM

"But you, do not be called 'Rabbi'; for One is your Teacher, the Christ, and you are all brethren. Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ." - Matthew 23:8-10

This is my first post, and I'm not particularly concerned with a "title" or "rank", mainly because Jesus said not to be. The more we glorify ourselves or those around us, the less treasure we gain. Are we forgetting we are to be humble and not "puffed up"?

"New Poster", "Junior Member", and "Senior Member" seem fine to me.

#9 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:29 AM

HI All,

Let's look at the Church ranking: In comparison to BibleSupport.com

Pastors = head, a father, etc; Josh (who started this site)
Elders = Arms and legs, wife; (STAFF) or Senior Mebers - Who support Josh with this site.
Decons = Hands and feet, [young men] (teenagers); Resource bulders - People who make modules.
Congregation = People who benefit from the others. ; your new average members.

This is only a brief way I see things.

Ps. What is your role in BibleSupport.com? For my role is Resource Builder and I am loving it. (making Modules)

thanks
Niobi aka Patchworkid
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#10 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:22 AM

This is my first post, and I'm not particularly concerned with a "title" or "rank", mainly because Jesus said not to be. The more we glorify ourselves or those around us, the less treasure we gain. Are we forgetting we are to be humble and not "puffed up"?

"New Poster", "Junior Member", and "Senior Member" seem fine to me.

It's less about glorification and more about having an e-Sword "theme" instead of generic titles.

But, I was unable to create a hierarchy of titles with an e-Sword theme or "play on words". So it may be that the generic titles will remain. As you said, there's really nothing wrong with them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users